..........just have to ask..........

-

oldkimmer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
............Y is it that certain members that do not put prices in there 4 sale adds keep getting away with breaking the rules, i see other members get the dreaded " get a price up or else" or did i miss something and price is no longer required.........kim..........

............Y is it that certain members that do not put prices in there 4 sale adds keep getting away with breaking the rules, i see other members get the dreaded " get a price up or else" or did i miss something and price is no longer required.........kim..........

Old boy network? :) It seems to be long term members and even moderators. I don't really care, but rules are rules, and they need to be enforced on everyone.

Good question, It gets very frustrating trying to get in contact with someone especially to find they want a fortune for something you were interested in. I know I haven't been here as long as many of you, but it's frustrating just the same...

Lazyness. It is hard to constantly keep up. Report what you find rather than start a thread.

We can only fix what we know exists. There is pretty much only 1 member that is reporting anything that they find in the classified ads. Some of the moderators, at least me, do not cruise thru the sale ads unless I am in need of something.........Damn, I am starting to sound like "one of them".......

I haven't given anyone a break as far as I know, I will cut the newbies some slack and correct their ad instead of delete it but that will only happen once. Kim you have every right to report a post that doesn't get changed after it's been reported and remember sometimes we don't agree that there was a problem with a post so it looks like nothing got done.:thumleft:

As far as giving the old goggers on FABO a break, I've seen the opposite occur where they get jumped the hardest cuss they bloody well knew they were breaking the rules. Then the whining and crying usually ensues.:-({|=

I try pretty hard to keep the rules, even so far as to make a template that I copy and paste into the post when I create an ad.

That said, I half expected to get some grief when I post the Valiant for parts. Best I could come up with was "Make an offer" since I wasn't posting specific parts.

Hope I wasn't the straw that broke the camels back, oldkimmer.

I wonder the same thing. And moderators seem immune to those rules too. I see "make me an offer" so much it makes me sick. There are no exceptions in that part of the rules, so you have to assume it applies to ALL. Evidently it does not.

Again, There are 25,000 members and over 1 million posts. Some things are going to be missed by the 5 Mods we have. If you see something you dont thing follows the rules, report it.

Usually when I would say make offer it means I want to sell it but I'm not sure what its worth thus I will let the buyer set the price. I suppose I could just overprice stuff like everyone else lol.

Again, There are 25,000 members and over 1 million posts. Some things are going to be missed by the 5 Mods we have. If you see something you dont thing follows the rules, report it.

Agree mods. Are people not all knowing beings. If you see something wrong just report it.

Want to know who is to blame for it?? Look in a mirror because if it is not reported we can do nothing about it......

What about ads without pics??? When you find something you want but no pics or any attempt to send pics??? I'm still wanting an item from the OP and have NEVER seen pics??? No way no how??? In my opnion, in todays world, you want to sell something, you better be able to send pics to someone's email!! Weather it's $20 or $20,000 you still want to see pics of what you want to buy..........welcome to the year 2012!!!!!!!

I guess even though i,m not a mod I will keep an eye on this and report them. It will help out seeing that we are two mods short.

Indeed there is some things that will get by us mods. According to the rules there does need to be a price of some kind or reference of price in the ad. The rules do not state that there has to be pictures. It is a good idea to place photos in the ad, but not yet required. If you dont place a photo there is less chance of selling something.

That all being said.... we work through the ads as they come up. We do appreciate peoples help, but lets make sure the reported ads REALLY do fall short or the rules just so we dont get piles of reported posts that really are not.

-RPM

-
Back