Just Ordered A New Challenger R/T

-

superchargeddrt

Reaction score
We'll I've been wanting one for 14 years and with the news that they're going to kill the Hemi after the 2023 year I couldn't wait any longer. I figured that it would be a long wait so I ordered one now in anticipation of getting one before the end of 2023. The dealership told me 3 to 6 months! Additionally I've heard that for 2023 R/T there's going to be a $5,000 to $10,000 "market value adjustment" (dealer speak for RIP OFF) and they're saying $10,000 to $15,000 for the Scat Pac models. So I ordered a 5.7 R/T 6 speed manual in Hellrasin purple. Get this, in order to get the leather seats you have to take the Plus Package which gives you a lot of nice options BUT it takes away the only wheels I find acceptable and replaces them with AWFUL BLACK WHEELS!I know that some like the black "murdered out" look but it's not for me. You would think they would have at least 1 chrome wheels option, but no. When I was growing up you had black wheels because you couldn't afford chrome wheels. I will be buying Chrome wheels as soon as my car comes in and selling the back turds. Oh and by the way when you get the Plus Package it necessitates a second pack on top of it sending my affordable Challenger to about $47,000. Regardless I am super excited and can't wait until it comes in. I'll post pictures when it does.

We'll I've been wanting one for 14 years and with the news that they're going to kill the Hemi after the 2023 year I couldn't wait any longer. I figured that it would be a long wait so I ordered one now in anticipation of getting one before the end of 2023. The dealership told me 3 to 6 months! Additionally I've heard that for 2023 R/T there's going to be a $5,000 to $10,000 "market value adjustment" (dealer speak for RIP OFF) and they're saying $10,000 to $15,000 for the Scat Pac models. So I ordered a 5.7 R/T 6 speed manual in Hellrasin purple. Get this, in order to get the leather seats you have to take the Plus Package which gives you a lot of nice options BUT it takes away the only wheels I find acceptable and replaces them with AWFUL BLACK WHEELS!I know that some like the black "murdered out" look but it's not for me. You would think they would have at least 1 chrome wheels option, but no. When I was growing up you had black wheels because you couldn't afford chrome wheels. I will be buying Chrome wheels as soon as my car comes in and selling the back turds. Oh and by the way when you get the Plus Package it necessitates a second pack on top of it sending my affordable Challenger to about $47,000. Regardless I am super excited and can't wait until it comes in. I'll post pictures when it does.

Living the Dream . . .

Well, if you were still desiring after 14 years, then it's time to make it happen. Congrats!

Thanks everyone. I decided that I wouldn't need the ultimate performance model, the Dart actually has a better power to weight ratio than a Hellcat so I figured that it would be nice just to have a car with reasonable power with a 6 speed manual to row through the gears (the Dart is a manual automatic). All of the comfort options don't hurt either.

Congrats! I just ordered a R/T 5.7 with the plus package. Sounds very similar to yours except I opted for the 8 speed. Like you I also despise the black wheels. I would have opted to delete the wheels and keep the standard R/T wheels but that was a no go. On a brighter note at least they’re easy to change.

You are going to like it.
I have a 2021 RT, Scat, shaker 6 speed it is a fun car, but I liked the interior better in in my 2012 RT 6 speed.
The layout of the 2021 interior who ever designed it really screwed it up over the older model.
Stupid stuff like the placement of the cup holders make shifting a pain, plus there is no coin holders in the newer one.

Congrats! I just ordered a R/T 5.7 with the plus package. Sounds very similar to yours except I opted for the 8 speed. Like you I also despise the black wheels. I would have opted to delete the wheels and keep the standard R/T wheels but that was a no go. On a brighter note at least they’re easy to change.
Yeah I tried to delete the "upgraded wheels" but no go! I think I'll go with these. I think I can unload the uglies for enough to offset the cast.

Vision Wheel 476-2990C15 Vision Street Designs 476 Wedge Series Chrome Wheels | Summit Racing

I have a 2021 RT, Scat, shaker 6 speed it is a fun car, but I liked the interior better in in my 2012 RT 6 speed.
The layout of the 2021 interior who ever designed it really screwed it up over the older model.
Stupid stuff like the placement of the cup holders make shifting a pain, plus there is no coin holders in the newer one.
A year ago I would have gotten the Scat but now the R/T costs what the SP used to cost

A year ago I would have gotten the Scat but now the R/T costs what the SP used to cost
Cost on everything is up, for what I paid for the scat, could have had a hellcat a year before.
Insurance is way expensive on the hellcat is the reason I never bought one.

$47,000,that's cheap. A friend of mine's wife bought a challenger a couple of years ago and she paid 54k. It's not a r/t either

I'd be happy with just a duster or a dart both which are very rare here in Missouri. A local classic car dealer has a nice '71 duster asking price is 39k. Also has two 340 demons and I think that they are asking like 44k for them. Mopars in general are rare in Missouri. I don't want to have to buy a Ford or a Chevy but it's looking like I'm not going to have a choice. I only want a nice cruiser

$47,000,that's cheap. A friend of mine's wife bought a challenger a couple of years ago and she paid 54k. It's not a r/t either
WOW! Did she get it loaded up? I only took the Plus Package and then I HAD to take the Driver Convenience package because I took the Plus Package (WHAT DUH???) Why not make just one big package? So I didn't get mine loaded that's for sure, I could have gone MUCH further.

I remember the days when you walked into the dealer, and "built" your car, one option at a time. Waited awhile, then got exactly what you wanted.
PS: You could even "unorder" some standard items. (heater delete, anyone?)

Got these two brand new 2009 srt 8 6 speed put the shaker on it 3 months after I got it I had the wheels Chrome it's loaded it's just turned 14,000 miles my hellcat's got 5800 miles 17 Model it's a 8-speed automatic which I got a speed but it's fun to drive thinking about it hellcat widebody charger good luck

IMG_20160522_192733044_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160522_192705831.jpg

On the plus side I think the driver convenience package will be of benefit due to the relatively small side mirrors (I am coming from a pickup) and the large blind spot in the rear. Thoughts?

On the plus side I think the driver convenience package will be of benefit due to the relatively small side mirrors (I am coming from a pickup) and the large blind spot in the rear. Thoughts?
Mine has it, its kinda nice, a light will light up on the mirror if there is a car in you blind spot.
Plus the car will start beeping if you are getting too close to something on the front or rear if partking.

-
Back