Just started a YouTube channel

-
works for me

as far as im concerned there are 3 things that kill a youtube video
the first one by far is foul language
i you cant get your point across without swearing you simply dont have anything to say i need to know

the second is lack of engrish
if you sound like either tech support of boomhauer, it aint happing
(you actually got this one down, you're very easy to listen too)

and the third is ghetto music
often times used during compilations and even worse, as background noise, people put the worst music in their videos, which will also get me to close the window

your compilation music wasnt what i care for, but it wasnt too terrible

so as far as im concerned, you're good

^^Pretty much^^ Doesn't apply here, but something that REALLY annoys me is foreign language videos that are not obvious, because they have English titles. So if you are doing a search, they pop up, and .well...............no comprendo
MOST videos would be better without "music", even some of the "music" videos!!!

I do like your video. There was no music while you were talking. Just showing the photos with no sound would have been weird, good job.

Taste of music aside, which your selection was my cup of tea, I didn’t care that it wasn’t ether. It worked. Music isn’t a deciding factor in what I watch, subscribe to or not. If such was the case, I would never watch Richard Holdner. That modern dance tecno music I can’t stand but I just simply enjoy the videos anyway.

I also want to say that video was really well done.
Post the official link below.

I also just started a channel. (Now I have 2. A story not worth the print) I’ll have to get going on that myself.

Video was well done Wes. I remember talking to you and your dad at duct tape drags, good times. I’ll be following along with your channel hoping for more techy stuff as that’s my only recommendation. You’re well spoken and clear but I need to see you guys wrench more. Happy hot rodding

Just watched and subscribed. I started my channel in July of last year and it has been a learning experience for sure. I like your style and you do sound good. The one thing I constantly get remarks about is sound and sound quality. I learned the hard way, people don’t like music playing all the way through, so I have not done that again and don’t recommend it. Also, I would suggest that when you are playing music over photos, turn the volume down to around 50% in your editing. That way it’s not dead space, but not overbearing either. Also, note your demographic (viewer age range) and put that into consideration when choosing your music. You can find your demographic in analytics in YT Studio. It may take some time for that to be accurate. As for sound quality while out doors. I shoot live on location in all sorts of weather and the reality is, I don’t have thousands of dollars for nice mics or can I control nature. So unfortunately some of my videos audio is total trash. I have tried a couple different mics with no real success. But I have some new ones coming and am hopeful. For you, I would also try different mics till you find something that works for you. The voiceover did seem to work well for you too. I also would suggest watching the YouTube tutorials and learn from them. YT wants you to succeed because if you do, so do they. So there are a lot of tools out there. Another piece of advice I have found to be true is be consistent. If you want to make it on YT, try to post on the same day every week or biweekly. It’s a ton of work, but can be worth it. Like others have stated, no swearing. Anyway, I wish you success and hope that this helps in one way or another.

Jeremy
~Shade Tree Vintage Auto

I like the music, nothing kills it for worse than ancient music or music that is just boring.

I have a new appreciation for you tubers ever since I tried building my own channel. Editing is tedious and takes a really long time. I have a few videos kinda ready to go but I'm not really happy with them. It's a tough gig and then there's a lot of criticism you have to be ready for.

You did a good job and I look forward to seeing more. Good voice, good project and I feel your adventure.

Thanks
Rainy Day Auto

I've been editing video for a long time. My You Tube channel is about 11 years old with a variety of videos. I find the music at the beginning annoying, but the slide show is good. Overall good video.

I think you did a good job; it was entertaning .

Also
if you need a cheap option to move a car around use old office chairs

Music is just a background filler noise. The verity of music out there is so wide and varied like opinions and who likes what they hear, it’ll be impossible to get a music selection for the masses. As far as I’m concerned, it’s almost impossible to upset my ears with the background music. Though! If it’s to loud… it’s takes away from the video. I think you nailed a great balance.

Dang! That was plum professional. You must have done this before.

Great job. I think it's just the right amount of humor without being corny. Very easy to follow. I don't "get into" much YouTube but yours is good. Subscribed.

Great job. I think it's just the right amount of humor without being corny. Very easy to follow. I don't "get into" much YouTube but yours is good. Subscribed.
Awesome, thank you!

-
Back