Just wanted to show off my slant six…

-

hotrod swinger

Reaction score
I installed the Bouchillon transmission linkage over the weekend and I couldn’t be happier:

FF1732B9-082F-483E-AD3A-31B5BD28CC0C.jpeg

Also since my heater isn’t working I disconnected the heater hoses to show off the valve cover:

8FE94834-332E-474E-83E7-146BECE4DBA6.jpeg

6CF01808-EC34-432F-9154-09946139561B.jpeg

That’s all for now, out for a cruise. All I need is a sweater lol

Looks great! Bouchillon makes some nice stuff.

I’ve tried both Lokar and Bouchillon for the kickdown and Bouchillon is by far the superior product, in my opinion. High shift points which I like.
I've never liked Lokar stuff. It's all crap, IMO. Besides......I don't know which one it is, but one of those Bouchillon girls is a real hottie. LOL

I think I’m gonna run my heater hoses along the inner fender instead of over the valve cover when I hook them back up.

I think I’m gonna run my heater hoses along the inner fender instead of over the valve cover when I hook them back up.
That's how I did mine. Looks much cleaner, IMO. The slant 6 valve cover is a thing of beauty. I caint stand anything that covers it up. lol

That's how I did mine. Looks much cleaner, IMO. The slant 6 valve cover is a thing of beauty. I caint stand anything that covers it up. lol
Did you grind off the bracket on top of the cover that holds the hose clamp? I'm thinking about doing that.

I'm also thinking about painting the ribs.

Last edited:
I have a couple of the lokar ones here (one genuine and a copycat or 2) I was gonna rig one up on my truck since I did the super 6 conversion, but I got my arm twisted by another member here with everything I'd need to swap in an 833OD in place of the 727 and a price too good to refuse, so that would make it a moot point

Looks amazing!
Nice job!
Those older mills had some compression..1 wheel burnouts anytime!
Are you going to put a/c back on?

Very Nice! If you dont mind me asking, what Brand/color is the engine paint?

Nice! With all that green and red going on, it's like Christmas every time you pop the hood!

I’ve tried both Lokar and Bouchillon for the kickdown and Bouchillon is by far the superior product, in my opinion. High shift points which I like.
That's the issue I've got with the Lokar set up and cable on my ride. The throttle cables fine but the transmission cable doesn't seem to give me the adjustability to get a high shift Point without dragging out second gear, to an unlovable rpm, under Full Throttle

My son has used a couple of bouchillon setups.
I'm sorry but they look hillbilly/ cobbled to me, with that flat plate and all those holes that the cable mounts to......
I have a Lokar cable here and a couple of imitation lokar ones. I was gonna use one on my super 6 conversion on my truck. Until I got my arm twisted by a member here that PMd me with a deal on everything I need to put an 833OD in my truck instead. Best solution for kickdown issues anyone can have.... And "3 pedals" is more fun than 2, unless you are someone that regularly drives in a major city at rush hour. I've occasionally had to do so, or creeping up to a toll booth . Which I do , like once a year maybe twice.
I'll probably rig up one of those cable setups on my Fury, once I get my 302 heads and 4 bbl switched in.

-
Back