K frame ID

-

Plymouth Duster

Reaction score
Hey guys

I have a 72 duster that eventually I will be putting either a 360 or 408+ stroker in and found this K frame local and wondering if you can id as 67-72 or 73+

also any thing pop out at you guys condition wise?

haven’t done an a body v8 swap so new territory for me. The other dusters I’ve had with factory 318/340 cars or were converted previous

also any opinions on the slant to 8 k frame adaptor mounts available by Schumacher? Anyone used them? How do they fit and work with a moderate HP small block

thanks

JR

49E982B9-DDC6-42BF-ACD5-69550B950E6C.jpeg

0DBA4A7F-6954-4A0A-85D7-A3D0CA9D28DB.jpeg

67-72 small block V8 K frame.

Pictures are pretty small but it doesn't appear to have major damage, and looks like somebody's put some effort into cleaning it up. Looks like a good place to start to me, but, the pictures are small.

Looks to be a 68-72 biscuit style k-frame for a small block. They had a sandwiched idler arm, 67 had a single style mount...

67-72 small block V8 K frame.

Pictures are pretty small but it doesn't appear to have major damage, and looks like somebody's put some effort into cleaning it up. Looks like a good place to start to me, but, the pictures are small.
Thanks. Yea the price is right so might as well grab it

appreciate the help

appreciate the help

No problem!

And as HemiSSDart said it is 68-72, I should have added that because of the 1 year only idler mount on the '67.

No problem!

And as HemiSSDart said it is 68-72, I should have added that because of the 1 year only idler mount on the '67.
Perfect info. Thanks. Will work perfect for my 72 duster. I’ve been enjoying her with the slant so far especially with gas prices so insane but come winter with no projects on the board and the itch 360-408 swap with a possible 4 speed swap is itching badly. I can already feel it. Right after I cut the thanksgiving turkey I may starting taking her apart and get a early start on the winter project. gluten for punishment I guess lol

i actually took a 5 year hiatus from muscle cars/classic cars after I did my last olds 442 and this little slant 72 duster was suposed to stay a six and be a daily driver/ pleasure second car and all it did was wake up the passion of fun cars. I guess their is much worse Habits and or hobbies a man can have

Haha, sounds familiar!

When I bought my ‘74 Duster the intent was to leave it a /6 auto car and just have something to drive while I did a full tear down and some rust repair on my ‘72 Challenger. But the /6 turned out to only have compression in 5 cylinders so it got yanked immediately. I ran it with a 318 I bought for a couple hundred bucks in front of a 904 for a bit. But then the Challenger turned into a major project with floors and frame rails and quarters so I put the 340 that was gonna go into it into the Duster with a 4 speed. Which I later upgraded to a T56. Just kept going, definitely had some mission creep. My whole build thread is in the link in my signature.

Good luck with yours!

appreciate the help
If your slant 6 K frame is in good shape, just use it. You'll need to get motor mounts & brackets anyway, so just get the TransDapt adapter mounts and put the money you saved on the K frame to use elsewhere. The slant K frame works just fine.
Engine Performance & Vehicle Customizing Products From Hedman | Hedman Performance Group
Engine Performance & Vehicle Customizing Products From Hedman | Hedman Performance Group

Haha, sounds familiar!

When I bought my ‘74 Duster the intent was to leave it a /6 auto car and just have something to drive while I did a full tear down and some rust repair on my ‘72 Challenger. But the /6 turned out to only have compression in 5 cylinders so it got yanked immediately. I ran it with a 318 I bought for a couple hundred bucks in front of a 904 for a bit. But then the Challenger turned into a major project with floors and frame rails and quarters so I put the 340 that was gonna go into it into the Duster with a 4 speed. Which I later upgraded to a T56. Just kept going, definitely had some mission creep. My whole build thread is in the link in my signature.

Good luck with yours!
Can you send me the 340 t56 build. I’ve actually been debating 833 or an aftermarket 5/6 speed with the 360 or the stroker pending which way I go. I’ve had the 360 stroker kit for years unused and glad I never sold it so this maybe the perfect time to justify its existence on my shelf lol

I’m new to the forum and sorta of illiterate with these forums so can’t seem to find the build in the signature. Would love to read it and start wishing turkey day was tomorrow haha

If your slant 6 K frame is in good shape, just use it. You'll need to get motor mounts & brackets anyway, so just get the TransDapt adapter mounts and put the money you saved on the K frame to use elsewhere. The slant K frame works just fine.

Thanks for that info. I will definitely consider those as an option. That k frame I can get for 175 so not bad on the piggy bank but I know my granny owned duster knfrsme is mint. Actually tracked down the origins owner and she bought the car T a dealer ship 10 minutes from
Where I grew up, what a small world. Even found the original dealership plate holder and a copy of the window sticker. I did find 2 build sheets on the car and seems like there always perfect on 6 cyl and 318 cars. When I had my 70 superbee she had no build sheet or window sticker but was a real car but would have loved those items.

Well, it may not be much, but it's $175 towards a cam kit, a brake upgrade, or a tank of gas... every penny counts. :)
So true
Plus the 1 hr ride with my gas guzzling head gasket leaking 4.7 ram will be 210/215 total at a minimum lol

yes I count Pennie’s too. Don’t all us Mopar guys!!?? Lol

Can you send me the 340 t56 build. I’ve actually been debating 833 or an aftermarket 5/6 speed with the 360 or the stroker pending which way I go. I’ve had the 360 stroker kit for years unused and glad I never sold it so this maybe the perfect time to justify its existence on my shelf lol

I’m new to the forum and sorta of illiterate with these forums so can’t seem to find the build in the signature. Would love to read it and start wishing turkey day was tomorrow haha

Sure! The link to my build thread is here, this one starts at the beginning
My "new" '74 Duster- or why I need a project like a hole in the head

Here’s where the T56 conversion starts
My "new" '74 Duster- or why I need a project like a hole in the head

-
Back