K frame questions

-
Totally different. Don't interchange.

66 is 'narrow' A body, 67 and later are wide A bodies, thru '76.

Someone more knowledgeable than I will be along with dimensions shortly.

Also, if you’re looking for a 67 and up K frame, remember that the 67 unit has the pass through bolt type idler arm, which are hard to find and expensive. Most folks will look for a 68-72 unit with the ball joint type, or a 73 and up if they want the spool type motor mounts.

The 64-66 K frame used the same mount style flange for /6 and V8, so the K frames are all the same, just the actual motor brackets are different. But, as mentioned above, they are not as wide as the 67 and up, and won’t interchange.

Also, if you’re looking for a 67 and up K frame, remember that the 67 unit has the pass through bolt type idler arm, which are hard to find and expensive. Most folks will look for a 68-72 unit with the ball joint type, or a 73 and up if they want the spool type motor mounts.

The 64-66 K frame used the same mount style flange for /6 and V8, so the K frames are all the same, just the actual motor brackets are different. But, as mentioned above, they are not as wide as the 67 and up, and won’t interchange.
Just dreaming about rack and pinion steering, not happy with my new box or maybe I'm spoiled with my new cars rack and pinion steering at 75 mph?

Last edited:
-
Back