K-member mods for BB

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I was wanting to know if anyone had some pictures or a how to it thread on notching a stock K member for installing a BB in a 68 Dart. I'm looking for a neat looking strong process. Thanks in advance.

The Schumacher instructions clearly state that the K-member needs to be notched 1" for oil pump clearance. Did you do this?
~Michael Attached Images
attachment.php

Sorry guys, I should have made myself clearer. I will be running elephant ears and I will be removing the stock mounting pads also. What I'm looking for is the mod to notch the K- member for BB oil pan clearance.

I've done 3, 1 with a stock pan, 1 with a Milodon 8 qt, and 1 with a cheap 8 qt deep sump from E-bay. I didn't have to notch any of the K-members.

Sorry guys, I should have made myself clearer. I will be running elephant ears and I will be removing the stock mounting pads also. What I'm looking for is the mod to notch the K- member for BB oil pan clearance.

shouldn't have to notch anything then

If you are going to run a pan like the one from Charlies you need to notch the k-frame. Mine had been notched, I have pictures of it somewhere but will be easier to just take new ones.....next time I go outside. If you buy the HEMI authenticity guide it explains how to modify....

Looking for something like this? If so just get the Authenticity Guide 1968 Dart & Barracuda Hemi Super Stock Book....

Attachments

• 100_0119.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 504
Hey thanks to everyone that chimed in. I should have mentioned that yes I'm using a Charlies type pan with the tube in it for the drag link. Thanks again for all the great imput. I can always count on my A-bodies buddies to help out.

puttin the engine with pan on is a pain isn't it! :banghead: mine is a 71 but here is what I did and it was all done in the car on jackstands! engine goes in real nice now but I still run stock mounts :D !

kmod.jpg

myd.jpg

8qt. oil pan from Mancini-No notching necessary

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 450
-
Back