K member

-

Tynan

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with finding a after market k member for a 1975 Dodge Dart?

Screenshot_20191021-231610_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20191021-231610_Samsung Internet.jpg

Just curious, something wrong with the factory one? Asking for an "aftermarket" k-frame is a little vague. What's the car going to be used for? budget, options required etc?

Just curious, something wrong with the factory one? Asking for an "aftermarket" k-frame is a little vague. What's the car going to be used for? budget, options required etc?
I’m going to be putting a built 400 bb in the car it was originally a slant 6 car and shumacher is taking forever to get the conversion mounts I need in so I figured it would be best to just upgrade my k member? And I seen this but didn’t see my year listed. Will it still work for my 1975 dart

RMS suspension. Better than the QA1, and I've run both setups.
I agree if funds are not in question..
I myself would have no problem dropping down 5K for an entire Front end with Coil overs for my project
.. My wife on the other hand would have a real problem with it

I’m going to be putting a built 400 bb in the car it was originally a slant 6 car and shumacher is taking forever to get the conversion mounts I need in so I figured it would be best to just upgrade my k member? And I seen this but didn’t see my year listed. Will it still work for my 1975 dart

If you could find a BB factory k frame, that would work. The post 72 units (73 and up I think) have spool mounts though which in my opinion, are better than the perches.

There also lots of folks building custom k frames. No links, but I've seen them around.

Never actually answered.. yes, that would work. K-frames are interchangeable from 67 on up.

Looking at that one posted again, that one does not use spool mounts. So, it will fit but you'd need mounts. Possibly the schumaker ones?

Last edited:
1st off I hear you about Schumacher I to have been waiting for their products since April..

You still have to source conversion mounts but pre 73 is a lot easier

I have a 73 swinger I called summit racing to verify everything would work with a magnum engine so giving a big block is no problem
Everything from your stock setup should bolt right up to the qa1

I myself might be buying one of these for my ride depending on how it handles with the original K member I have its bent up a little bit

Last edited:
Never actually answered.. yes, that would work. K-frames are interchangeable from 67 on up.

Looking at that one posted again, that one does not use spool mounts. So, it will fit but you'd need mounts. Possibly the schumaker ones?
Thanks man that really helps out a lot. But yes the factory k member is still in great condition

Thanks man that really helps out a lot. But yes the factory k member is still in great condition

No problem, I bounced around a bit and others had better answers. Sometimes I just need to sit in the corner and be quiet. lol.

Also, by interchangeable, I mean they will fit from A-body to A-body. What motor fits is a different story. That's why there are conversion mounts for slant-six k-frames etc.

K-Member ID Chart

I just happen to be curious and looked for the motor mounts you would need with that qa1 sub frame on summit I can't seem to locate them but Schumacher sells them and shows that they are in stock

I would check with Schumacher to see if there's are in stock much better quality product..

If you have the funds get a new subframe you will thank yourself when headers are being installed

Last edited:
1st off I hear you about Schumacher I to have been waiting for their products since April..

You still have to source conversion mounts but pre 73 is a lot easier

I have a 73 swinger I called summit racing to verify everything would work with a magnum engine so giving a big block is no problem
Everything from your stock setup should bolt right up to the qa1

I myself might be buying one of these for my ride depending on how it handles with the original K member I have its bent up a little bit
Don't wait for Schumacher. They are apparently having some problems and have slowed or stopped production.

Don't wait for Schumacher. They are apparently having some problems and have slowed or stopped production.

Yeah I figured that..they have been out of stock since April on spool type mounts for 73nup
I ended up modifying a set of 318 motor mounts to fit my application with spools
I figured I would wait till they were back in stock and buy them and replace my modifications but at this point it seems redundant
When I talked to Schumacher they said the spool mounts were two weeks out that was two months ago

What about Mancini racing

Screenshot_20191025-122445_Chrome.jpg

-
Back