Keep it stock, or make it your own?

-
The rear i have Afco Leaf springs with a 6-5/8" arch, thats why i added the lowering blocks. Afco does offer a 4-5/8 arch spring Rear shocks are Rancho RS9000 9 position adjustable. Up front i have 340 Torsion bars with Strange engineering adjustable shocks. With all the aluminum parts on the motor, plus headers and mini starter, i removed 125 lbs So big block now same weight as all steel small block. Plus glass hood saved another 35 lbs off the nose. Car drives well handles well and doesnt nose dive at all.

Thanks. You nailed it IMO..
JW

here's a big fat FK YEAH to all those who actually drive your **** and don't give a damn about the negativity. give the folks a thumbs up that smile when they see it. the people that hate are just jealous that you are building something that they are NOT. my ride is decent but it's got tons of flaws , but you know what , I don't care because it runs , and runs hard.

Last edited:
Everyone in the car hobby has their own personal taste in cars, and will build them based on Taste and goals and budget. I tend to not like modern builds, i like older 70's 80's style for old muscle cars.

I do car shows occasionally. I do it for the fun and to meet other enthusiasts who bring their cars, no matter the make or model. I’ve made more than a few friends at shows.

It’s also a nice time to spend with my daughter enjoying all the old rides. Winning a trophy isn’t required...but it does add to the fun!

22792C84-0688-43CD-8E6E-F0B148525B9C.jpeg

4DC2944A-335A-4B94-947E-309B11CEE856.jpeg

I go to one show a year. It's the big MOPAR RALLY at deanza college.

Here's what my rust bucket took home last year.
20170611_162549_zpserpi9ezv.jpg

Unwashed with greasy finger prints and holes so big you can stick your hand through the wheel arch.

Its voted only by people with cars in the show. So you can guess how proud me and pops were. Not that I built it to win trophy but yeah, it sure felt good!

Ya what he said! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Meeting a couple dozen FABO members I feel proud to call friends, is trophy enough for me.
1433013116_zps2c0aff03.jpg

And hell what's that trophy worth? 5 bucks?

There's a trophy shop near me. I could just go buy one off the shelf.

The real prize is driving the car and knowing that I built her with my own two hands

@Bulldozer

Said it best.
rare or valuable? I don't give a flying **** , it's not about that. its about satisfying myself and seeing peoples faces in amazement that i so much as dare to run that contraption on the street.

I love this quote.

You should see the looks I get when I take my lady out in the car. She cracks the 5 point harness, undose the swing out and steps out. All almost 5 feet of her, while I pull the steering wheel off, hang it on its hook, reach up and shut down the engine, walk back and turn off the battery, then leave the windows down and walk away.

Then when when we get in and I make sure she's strapped in, close her door and fire that beast off. Oh my God. The other day we went out to breakfast and a few old Vets were looking at my car. After talking to them I fired her up and they had to turn down their hearing aids (no joke), they all smiled and gave me a big thumbs up and I gave her more throttle than is legal on a public street.

You probably wouldn’t like it, the engine compartment and interior are a mess. I mean, jeez, it still has the original factory carpet in it. Who would want that?

It’s also been driven too much. It has $72k original miles. It’s nothing more than a soup can donor with that many miles on it.

Don’t even get me started on the trunk, total disaster.

View attachment 1715282191

View attachment 1715282192

View attachment 1715282197

I drool all over my Laptop every time I see your Car.

So........
You won't enter anything in a car show because people are opinionated and bash other people's cars?
Got it.
However, i don't totally disagree with you.
I don't participate in car shows either, and maybe go to one or two a year because they are local.
I simply enjoy driving my piece of crap that i built myself because it pleases me, and i don't care what people think.
Unoriginal?
Yes.
Needs paint?
Check.
Rough around the edges?
Yeah.
Reliable?
Yep.
Fun?
You betcha!
More modifications in store?
You know it.
Built it myself? (With some help from my friends)
Absolutely.
Worth how much?
Priceless to me.
Collectable?
Not really.............

But i love it, and that's all that matters to me.............

View attachment 1715282501

View attachment 1715282502

View attachment 1715282504

View attachment 1715282506

View attachment 1715282510
Oh snap that looks really good and a four speed to boot... I like it!

View attachment 1715282574Just a little under stock. Body and glass and some interior is original stock.
But, hey I did it all. No one has ever touched it but me. So when something goes wrong I have to blame myself.
that is exactly what im going for im doing it all. (Except the machine work on the engine) i want something built by me not paid to be built for me.

I do car shows occasionally. I do it for the fun and to meet other enthusiasts who bring their cars, no matter the make or model. I’ve made more than a few friends at shows.

It’s also a nice time to spend with my daughter enjoying all the old rides. Winning a trophy isn’t required...but it does add to the fun!

View attachment 1715282662

View attachment 1715282661
Beautiful car buddy! Thats deserves a trophy! Lol 69 are my favorite darts by far!!

Oh snap that looks really good and a four speed to boot... I like it!
Thank you for your nice comment.
I've actually owned the car for 30 years now, and built it with left over parts and pieces that i had laying around other than the safety stuff like brakes and suspension, the gas tank and sending unit was new, and so were the gears and clutch.
It started life as a 225 slant 6 with auto on the column and a bench seat.
I left all of the original slant 6 numbers in place, so it's a ''tribute'' car i suppose.
The whole right side of the car is original paint, and the stripes and decals were added, of course.
I do have a lot of fun driving it, i must say..............

That car is cool, I like the 70-71 simply because of the bumpers and front end .
I dig the survivor look .
Very nice man
Thats as good as it gets .
Thank you for the compliment.
I do have a few more waiting in the wings including a '69 Valiant 2 door post and a '71 Demon Sizzler.

View attachment 1715282662

View attachment 1715282661

Daughter is gonna look so good drivin' that Dart. Better send her out to get some "Rayban Wayfairers" when the weather clears. :lol:

I keep them mostly stock because the Chrysler engineers spent a lot of time, testing to get it right back in the day. Very, very, very few "modern upgrades" have had the engineering and testing the original components have had. If I install a original or NOS part I know it will fit and just work.

Thank you for your nice comment.
I've actually owned the car for 30 years now, and built it with left over parts and pieces that i had laying around other than the safety stuff like brakes and suspension, the gas tank and sending unit was new, and so were the gears and clutch.
It started life as a 225 slant 6 with auto on the column and a bench seat.
I left all of the original slant 6 numbers in place, so it's a ''tribute'' car i suppose.
The whole right side of the car is original paint, and the stripes and decals were added, of course.
I do have a lot of fun driving it, i must say..............
My 75 started as a slant six auto as well what my goal is and what im trying to do is build it the way I would have ordered it if I could have bought it new. (If they had a performance option for the swinger which i know they didnt) so basically my car is gonna be my rendition of what a 1975 swinger would have been if they offered a performance package. So instead of a swinger 340(1970) mine is a swinger 360! I really want to find a four speed or even a late model 5speed for it eventually. I love manual transmissions even my everyday driver 2001 ram has a 5speed lol

I truly appreciate all the hard work, time and money that goes into keeping a car original equipment. Plus for those like me that don’t know how or where something belongs on a car those that kept it original are here to show or explain the way Mopar did it.

-
Back