Keep it stock, or make it your own?

-
Wow 199 post about really nothing.
It's not about nothing. This thread is about people's different taste on cars. There's no wrong way. Some people love building a car back to stock. Searching for nos parts , researching how the car was built new. And others love to rip into a car and make it exactly how they would want a car to be built. I'm more of a stock to slightly modified type. Even though some of the custom/ restromods builds I see are pretty awesome.

I liked my factory 1963 Dart /6 with 3 on the tree, I drove that car in 1979 when I was sticking the 383 in my small block powered 67 fastback. The dart would get over 30 miles on the highway, totally stock.

This is on its way to become a STICKY THREAD. It’s kinda cool to see all the opinions we have about the same hobby And yeh the Troll made it interesting too I do admit.

Like others have said, it's the best part of this hoddy you get a wide spectrum of what people like. I like all the hard work people do to their cars, even down to little personal touches.

It is good to see centerline open again and making the auto drag and convo pro wheels again. I am so tired of seeing F@%king coy wheels on everything.

My 75 started as a slant six auto as well what my goal is and what im trying to do is build it the way I would have ordered it if I could have bought it new. (If they had a performance option for the swinger which i know they didnt) so basically my car is gonna be my rendition of what a 1975 swinger would have been if they offered a performance package. So instead of a swinger 340(1970) mine is a swinger 360! I really want to find a four speed or even a late model 5speed for it eventually. I love manual transmissions even my everyday driver 2001 ram has a 5speed lol
Sounds like a lot of fun.
I know i sure did building mine.
Truth be known, i do have a '74 Dart Sport 360 4 speed body that i could have done instead, but i chose not to do that one and did the green car instead.
The reasoning behind that was I really like the looks of the car and the color is my favorite, i had a lot of the hard parts to put the car together, and with my line of thinking, I wanted the freedom to do what i wanted in the future to the car hoping to big block it etc. and wouldn't have any hesitation because it was only a slant 6 car to begin with.
Yes, i do love the ''beaker'' cars!
And i really enjoy driving it now, it's dead nuts reliable and it brings a smile to my face every time that i do.
I even have a build thread on here if you or anyone else is interested.............
''I'm going to fix it up someday'' The resurrection of a '74 Dart Sport......

Last edited:
All depends on what result you want. Got a 71 Cuda and plan to resale better stay original.
Got a 50 Mercury full custom
Got an early a-body do whatever you want cuz they aren’t worth much.
My c/10 and this 53 I finished this last summer look original but are far from it. It my mind there’s just not a lot of creativity in putting a vehicle back together the way a team of engineers decided to do it years ago. The 40 dodge I did (G-40rce) was a full custom almost nothing was stock. No way is wrong just as long as your enjoying it.

500ED5DB-606B-49D4-9508-E72C1A94B799.jpeg

3D29FC38-2E30-4D03-AA16-7D07D298968D.jpeg

7E88ECEC-84F5-4403-A26D-8FB177FD5436.jpeg

7A97575C-E257-4EBC-9C91-230B4F912233.jpeg

Was mostly referring to the Troll. I like hearing old stories about previous cars. Just not his.

Sounds like a lot of fun.
I know i sure did building mine.
Truth be known, i do have a '74 Dart Sport 360 4 speed body that i could have done instead, but i chose not to do that one and did the green car instead.
The reasoning behind that was I really like the looks of the car and the color is my favorite, i had a lot of the hard parts to put the car together, and with my line of thinking, I wanted the freedom to do what i wanted in the future to the car hoping to big block it etc. and wouldn't have any hesitation because it was only a slant 6 car to begin with.
Yes, i do love the ''beaker'' cars!
And i really enjoy driving it now, it's dead nuts reliable and it brings a smile to my face every time that i do.
I even have a build thread on here if you or anyone else is interested.............
''I'm going to fix it up someday'' The resurrection of a '74 Dart Sport......
That is awesome thanks for sharing that thread. Yea i have a thing for beak cars too they are so unappreciated and too often parted out and scraped for big bolt pattern and disk breaks. I remember when i first got into cars (early 2000s) beak cars where dime a dozen and pretty cheap. Now they are about as hard to find as anything

Say it isn't so! Sorry 72Dart6pack, I can't let this go... I've been researching emblem placement lately and ran into this.

A fastback in Arancio Borealis screams what camp I play in, but I can't let myself put '67 emblems above the side lights. I like them sooo much better but I just can't do it!!!
Anyway, great thread, I find that i'm not alone out here!

What I can't see is loading your car up with off shore parts of questionable quality... If I want a Chinese car Ill buy one.

What I can't see is loading your car up with off shore parts of questionable quality... If I want a Chinese car Ill buy one.
While I agree with the sentiment, I have to break this to you. Almost all OEM replacement parts for these things now a days are made overseas somewhere. Unless you’re able to rebuild your car 100 percent from NOS parts, this is the reality. Even the “best” available replacement sheet metal parts, AMD, are stamped in Tiawan.

-
Back