Keep it stock, or make it your own?

-
C91220C8-AB32-423B-8A47-B51B8FE7DB6F.jpeg
6D5AF94C-7F4F-4489-B267-72B3C3EBE55C.jpeg
Stock appearing. Underhood, not so much. Not making it my own, making it reliable.

It's fun to have people walk by a '69 GTX with a Hemi and look at my ratty *** car in primer, far from perfect but gets lots of attention.

Reason number two, it costs just a few dollars more, and I don't have to park and walk to the show, I'm already in.

Reason number three, I get to join the local FABO crew, and BS and drink a couple of cold ones, @toolmanmike brought some home brew last year. It's always worth going to the show for that meet-n-greet alone.

Reason number four, an excuse to add more miles to the odometer, not that I need one, but it's always valid.

It's the same mentality as joining this site, seeing other people's cars, showing yours off to those who like and appreciate it, gathering parts for current and future projects, and making friends with like minded individuals.

And if you don't get it, why'd you show a picture of two of your cars? :wtf: :realcrazy:

I so agree. All so true I say!!
I never had any desire to try for the trophy at the local car show. I would go and walk and look, meet some worthwhile people, disregard some I would meet that their egos were too large for me, I always would up spending my time with the young guy that showed up in his primered ratty slant car HE was building ( an driving)!

Last edited:
Nah I did one .
It was ok for an hour or so.
Thanks it was the boringest thing I've ever endured
Having to listen to dudes talk crap " my far is faster, I bult mine, my dad can beat up your dad kind of thing all freaking day
Never again did I enter a show.
I don't understand it, why would u purposely do that?
What's the draw to try showing your car?
Just don't get it.
MOPARS RULE..
peace.
So........
You won't enter anything in a car show because people are opinionated and bash other people's cars?
Got it.
However, i don't totally disagree with you.
I don't participate in car shows either, and maybe go to one or two a year because they are local.
I simply enjoy driving my piece of crap that i built myself because it pleases me, and i don't care what people think.
Unoriginal?
Yes.
Needs paint?
Check.
Rough around the edges?
Yeah.
Reliable?
Yep.
Fun?
You betcha!
More modifications in store?
You know it.
Built it myself? (With some help from my friends)
Absolutely.
Worth how much?
Priceless to me.
Collectable?
Not really.............

But i love it, and that's all that matters to me.............

20140610_48.JPG

20140610_49.JPG

20180917_87.JPG

20150630_107.JPG

20130207_58.JPG

So........
You won't enter anything in a car show because people are opinionated and bash other people's cars?
Got it.
I don't participate in car shows either, and maybe go to one or two a year because they are local.
I simply enjoy driving my piece of crap that i built myself because it pleases me, and i don't care what people think.
Unoriginal?
Yes.
Needs paint?
Check.
Rough around the edges?
Yeah.
Reliable?
Yep.
Fun?
You betcha!
You know it.
Absolutely.
Worth how much?
Priceless to me.
Collectable?
Not really.............

View attachment 1715282501

View attachment 1715282502

View attachment 1715282504

View attachment 1715282506

View attachment 1715282510
Nice car, and a stick car to boot.

This has been an interesting thread minus the comments of one a$$-clown.

For me: I like them original. I like them restored. I like them "Day Two". I like them modified. I like them race-ready. I just like them period.

I think if you're going to keep it for a while you can just do what you want to it, but a lot of people want to buy something that is close to stock so if you're planning on reselling it ever, keep it close to stock or at least stock looking. I like the stock look with modern upgrades to the wheels and tires, engine and perhaps a few other things.
That's called restomod or restified. Restored and modified. Stock looking but built to go.

4866D606-58F6-4A91-8784-1EDFA3995EC8.jpeg
Just a little under stock. Body and glass and some interior is original stock.
But, hey I did it all. No one has ever touched it but me. So when something goes wrong I have to blame myself.

So........
Got it.
Unoriginal?
Yes.
Needs paint?
Check.
Rough around the edges?
Yeah.
Reliable?
Yep.
Fun?
You betcha!
You know it.
Absolutely.
Worth how much?
Priceless to me.
Collectable?
Not really.............

View attachment 1715282501

View attachment 1715282502

View attachment 1715282504

View attachment 1715282506

View attachment 1715282510
That car is cool, I like the 70-71 simply because of the bumpers and front end .
I dig the survivor look .
Very nice man
Thats as good as it gets .

Take a look back at Logans reply. Your name was nowhere in there. He wasnt asking for your opinion. He replied to this thread "stock or make it your own" with a pic of his beautiful car.
Why are you jabbing insults? In a couple other threads I "stood up" for you.
Maybe just get a "feel" for the room before you pi$$ everybody off.
50,000 members here. There's drunks pedophiles crackheads whores cheaters thieves in a community of 50k. Which one do you want to be perceived as? Or mend some fences, be a contributor and enjoy the site for what it is. I have seen MANY a thread go sideways with members being banned. You have been here how long?
You've been warned by a moderator already. I would pay attn cuz like I said this is a great group of 50k members and we will and PLAN on chugging along with or without you.
All those pics you posted?? Was that you being a child and show n tell for you too?
Smarten up and lose the attitude.
Just can't help yourself huh .lol
Gotta show your car, like a child doing show and tell..
Nice .

I had original ,when they were new or nearly new.
But you know, the first thing we did with them, as soon as we could afford it, was to make them our own..... In summer of 1969 I turned 16, I had just completed grade 9, and also got a Driver's License. By June I was the proud owner of a sweet 57 Belaire. Before school started in fall, the engine had been out and in, for a freshening, the WCFB 4bbl was on it, and she was wearing a sweet-N-loud dual exhaust system. So much for original. Grade 10 here I come!
In fall of 70 I purchased a very low mileage 70Swinger 340 4-speed car. Immediately I began saving to make it my own, and in spring of 71 it started.
Those cars are history.
In 99 my final hurrah hit the road. I built it for me and for my young son who was coming 16, to dribedachit out of; and that is what we did. Oh sure, we took it to a few shows, parking it out in the back row, as non-competitors. This car was in mint condition after I finished; everything like new.We would wander around for a while, then, like the wind, we were gone. This car was built to run, and run it we did. I told my son; "it's just a car, but try not to destroy it". We both put our share of character blemishes on her, but she never needed professional repair. We both remember those next 4 years with tremendous fondness, then, like the wind, he was gone, became a man, and gone out on his own. Then he bought his own vehicles and destroyed some of those. He's got two baby boys of his own now, and the circle of life goes on.
Add your stories here.
Make it your own, I vote.

Take a look back at Logans reply. Your name was nowhere in there. He wasnt asking for your opinion. He replied to this thread "stock or make it your own" with a pic of his beautiful car.
Why are you jabbing insults? In a couple other threads I "stood up" for you.
Maybe just get a "feel" for the room before you pi$$ everybody off.
50,000 members here. There's drunks pedophiles crackheads whores cheaters thieves in a community of 50k. Which one do you want to be perceived as? Or mend some fences, be a contributor and enjoy the site for what it is. I have seen MANY a thread go sideways with members being banned. You have been here how long?
You've been warned by a moderator already. I would pay attn cuz like I said this is a great group of 50k members and we will and PLAN on chugging along with or without you.
All those pics you posted?? Was that you being a child and show n tell for you too?
Smarten up and lose the attitude.

He probably slams pallets on the loading docks at the fish warehouse where he works seeking attention.... He will drift away....

JW

thats the way many boring *** mopar guys think. they are so freaking uptight.

make the damn car your own and never look back is what i say.

you should check out moparts ... holy cow! the keep it stock nuts are a majority there...

You ever think about getting into vettes?

View attachment 1715282437 View attachment 1715282436 Stock appearing. Underhood, not so much. Not making it my own, making it reliable.
Yeah u gotta do that .
I unwrap the wire harness to tap into the proper wires then wrap it up.
Hide the modules outta site, keep the mechanical modules to complete the factory look.
And of course do not make any if this permanent.
I try to make it easy peasy to go back to the original components, with no proof it was ever upgraded ..
Gotta have reliable transportation man.
I drive the hell outta them, and hate roadside repairs.
Still have tools a jack and a few parts just in case..
MOPARS RULE!!!
peace

It will be with 512ci and some crack on top..... Plenty of originals to go around..... My car, my way.....

JW
Eh, well we can't all be alike or the world would be worse than it is.
I only know it won't impess anyone I know.
Maybe in southern Florida, California or texas would be a decent place to try sell it..
MOPARS RULE..
peace

If I may ask what is your suspension setup? The ride height looks like something I will need in my life....

Thanks,
JW
The rear i have Afco Leaf springs with a 6-5/8" arch, thats why i added the lowering blocks. Afco does offer a 4-5/8 arch spring Rear shocks are Rancho RS9000 9 position adjustable. Up front i have 340 Torsion bars with Strange engineering adjustable shocks. With all the aluminum parts on the motor, plus headers and mini starter, i removed 125 lbs So big block now same weight as all steel small block. Plus glass hood saved another 35 lbs off the nose. Car drives well handles well and doesnt nose dive at all.

-
Back