Keeping mice out/away of racecar trailer

-
There are variations on this but the basics are very simple, non harmful to other living things, and the most effective I've ever used.

Take a round bottom glass bowl maybe 8 to 12" across and anything over around 3" deep (just depends on what size mice we are talking). Pour peanut oil in the bottom of the bowl and give them a little ramp. They can't resist it and once in the bowl, they can't climb out. It's to slick. As a bonus. If they have fleas, it kills them by the oil coating. Most generally the mice die from to much exercise trying to get out along with the coating. Never failed me and no traps to reset, dryer sheets to replace or animals to harm.

But look out for the pissed off wife when she finds out you took her casserole dish. ;)

Most generally the mice die from to much exercise trying to get out along with the coating. Never failed me and no traps to reset, dryer sheets to replace or animals to harm.
;)

Might want to get the mouses(meece) opinion on the last part. lol

The dryer sheets have worked well for me. I put them in the car every fall. When the smell has dissipated you can use them to polish your chrome.

Dryer sheets as mentioned. I use almost a complete box of 200 of them in my pop up camper. I've never had an issue and it smells nice when I open it up. Of course, this is for long term winter storage for me. Summer storage, I typically leave them in the cabinets, under mattresses and other areas that are not in the general use area.

I also used moth balls forever when I put my charger up for storage. It was always in a barn and never had a problem with any rodents.

I prefer to not poison them. If they get out searching for water and a hawk grabs them, you re essentially poisoning the hawk as well.

Dryer sheets work well.

The oil in a dish is great.

Bounce and some Bars of Irish Spring

Irish Spring is great!

If you want them to have clean teeth........

irish spring does not repel mice.JPG

I’ve also had success in the camper with dryer sheets and bars of Irish Spring soap, taken out of the boxes. Don’t be shy with either though.

I don't try to repel mice, I kill them if they get in. I use these Victor hammer traps and they work great. A little peanut butter in the back of the bait well and they never miss. As soon as one gets into my garage, they smell the peanut butter and go straight for it.

I have killed dozens using these over the years in 4 different houses. Never had a miss.

5D2BA3AE-55FC-44C4-8070-8271DDCEC7D4.jpeg

I don't try to repel mice, I kill them if they get in. I use these Victor hammer traps and they work great. A little peanut butter in the back of the bait well and they never miss. As soon as one gets into my garage, they smell the peanut butter and go straight for it.

I have killed dozens using these over the years in 4 different houses. Never had a miss.

View attachment 1715339664

I had some field mice in the attic. Put normal style traps with some peanut butter. They would get the PB out of the trigger lever without it activating. I started putting a piece of tape over the PB. Worked after that.

That hammer trap is cool. The have to stuck their head into the tunnel and that snaps the "hammer". More effective than the old style snap traps.

Just an fyi to anyone reading this in the future. I threw about 4 bags of this stuff in the car, and in the corners of the trailer.

Opened the door to see 4 mice scurry, and they were actually eating, and making nests out of this crap.

20191229_220031.jpg

Peppermint oil here I come.

I threw a pair of my ex's underbritches in the trailer... No critter has been brave enough to enter. Let me know if I can help!

Bein a man that's "been there before" you ain't got body parts rottin off?

Put steel wool in any holes such as where wires come in and out,leave there forever.works great As for unseen holes I out out instant mashed potatoes flakes and after they drink water the potatoes expand considerably.I'll leave it to your imagination what happens next!!!

I spray this **** under the RV. Dont spray it on a windy day, you dont want to breath it in or get it in your eyes... yes I've done it... nice calm day and as soon as I spray it a breeze blows it right back into my face! LOL It is chemical free but ouchie!

CR.jpg

I wouldn't recommend you using mice traps and poison. Mice that got in a trap attract other mice. They send some sort of call help. You might get rid of one, but dozens will come to rescue it. There is another issue with the poison for rodents. If they survive after eating the poison, they gain immunity against it. Besides, they keep eating and running around your food, spreading this poison. You might accidentally eat some of it, and it is too dangerous. Sometimes, it might even be lethal. I recommend you not to experiment with mice and other rodents and call for pest control service. You can also check these guys —brightpestcontrol.com.au. They helped me to get rid of mice at my house.

Last edited:

Try this, then take them over to Rusty’s and feed them to his cats! Meow!

Black pepper,
Animals hate it.
I rent a storage unit for my finished cars, I spread some around the complete inside of the stall.
It works so well it well, even spiders will not build a web.

If one of your neighbors dogs likes to poop in your yard, sprinke some pepper on it, they will not poop there again.

Black pepper,
Animals hate it.
I rent a storage unit for my finished cars, I spread some around the complete inside of the stall.
It works so well it well, even spiders will not build a web.

If one of your neighbors dogs likes to poop in your yard, sprinke some pepper on it, they will not poop there again.

if i catch my neighbours dog crapping in my yard i'll pepper it allright

but i will try the pepper trick in my pantry

-
Back