Kelsey Hayes 4-piston calipers

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rebuild kits are available from virtually EVERY parts store on the planet. Pistons, too. Pad retaining clips are available new from any Mustang resto supplier (yes, I said Mustang).

BUT, you need to look at the kits and your calipers. Being a 67 you should be good with any kit, but there were two dust boot types. some kits come with four of each, while others only seem to have the early boots (which your car should have come with).

I think brakewarehouse once had rebuilt calipers in stock. The core charges are steep so be prepared to pay a lot if you don`t have a pair to trade in.

I have three pairs of rebuilt Kelsey Hayes 4 piston calipers in stock on the shelf.

BW-TBR4175 1965-72 Right Kelsey Hayes 4 piston Caliper (A-body) WITHOUT pads included $195 ea
BW-TBR4176 1965-72 Left Kelsey Hayes 4 piston Caliper (A-body) WITHOUT pads included $195 ea
$150 Core Charge on a Caliper - refundable with a good core return

hey guys,

this may be offtopic, but in Australia a Forum member by the name of Dartman, and several others..Including myself have Used Toyota Landcruiser 4 Pot Calipers that Bolt straight to Our Stub Axles, all that was required was removing 3mm off the overall diameter of the discs.

Aswell as upgrading the Braking Capabilities, We have a Wide Variety of Pad's from S15 Nissan 200SX That work well in the Calipers.

21032008428kp7.jpg

21032008429ir6.jpg

Sounds like you got the new ones locked in.. So...

I refuse to convert to single piston calipers!!!
I will probably not convert to disc rear either.
What where people doing back in the day with these brakes?
Where they all the RAGE?!

I am going to Fab up a front lip with ports for brake ducting and a big scooper for the radiator too. I hope that the Cool new air will keep the temperatures in there down and keep brakes from fading on those long mountian drives... I DRIVE MY CAR HARD! It can handle it.

Those are a great brake with one exception, the thin rotor (which after some research cannot be legally turned). I usually bead blast the rotors and have had good results.

Hard to pay $200 for a caliper that can be bought at the local parts store for under $125....... Sorry Rick.

Caliper kits are $25 at PartsAmerica (check other stores for prices)
Pistons under $20 each (I have seen very few go bad, but I have seen it)

Rock Auto

Raybestos
FRC 4175 $61.75........$30 core
FRC 4176 $61.75........$30 core

Awesome stuff......Mum's the word.:yawinkle:

$195.00 each.....Barret Jackson ?

faucet pics 744.jpg

For $61 it may not be worth rebuilding your own, even with shipping.

Did they come with the new steel lines (crossover isn't quite exactly correct)? Correct line bracket?

I will be installing a set that I have on my GTS before it goes on the road again and I usually like rebuilding my own, but..........

For $61 it may not be worth rebuilding your own, even with shipping.

Did they come with the new steel lines (crossover isn't quite exactly correct)? Correct line bracket?

I will be installing a set that I have on my GTS before it goes on the road again and I usually like rebuilding my own, but..........

It's a no brainer......Arrived in 3 days,and bolted on.
Crusty old calipers go back in a box.

Brake lines did not come with them. Bought them from fine lines. The originals sat a little lower, closer to ther caliper. Should be fine.

There is SSB:
http://www.ssbrakes.com/

I never checked the prices.

I actually bought the seals and pistons on e-bay a long time ago, just in case, but have yet to need to rebuild them.

My question is who makes a rotor?

Rotors are out there, but not that easy to find. Fortunately I have a new pair in the garage for my GTS when I get to that point.

I know this is a really old thread. But if anyone is listening, I read the early Mustang rotors are very similar. Anyone know if these can be made to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back