Kelsey Hayes Disc Brakes

-

5w30

Reaction score
Hi i am trying to figure out what cars used this back in the 60s. Any info will be appreciated.
IMG_0942.JPG
IMG_0944.JPG
IMG_0943.JPG

IMG_0945.JPG

I have those on my 68 dart gt.

No you don't.
65-72 A Body cars, used a Kelsey Hayes 4 piston caliper disc brake system.

The picture the OP has posted, is a two piston caliper.
And i have No idea what the application is.
Personally, i never have seen one before.
Interested in finding out myself, if you get any knowledgeable replies to your question.

My guess it's for something Foreign, and not a USA car.
Maybe something industrial, Farm related, or maybe even light aircraft of that era.
Planes gotta stop too.

Last edited:
I believe it goes on a drive shaft to stop a 4x4. They where after market ad ons. I've seen similar ones on big mud trucks.

Is that a PN;Looks like 3530493? Kindof reminds me of a Mopar pn, but the Industrial Green umm sure doesn't. Pads are kindof small for a car.....and are those compression fittings?In any case, the copper would have to go.

Last edited:
What is illustrated ---- IS DEFINITELY a foreign car --- Volvo or Audi or something like that.....
Identifying it exactly will be a mission.....

Hi Everyone!!
I wanted to let you know that I have that Caliper setup on my Lull Telehandler. It is used as a Machine Brake, and is used to "Brake" the Machine's DriveShaft. I am currently looking for Pads and Caliper Seals if anyone out there has any information? Lull/JLG has no info on them!
Thanks !!

Wow, a 4 year old posting, brought back from the dead, with information that the caliper was used on forklifts.

At least i was on the right track, thinking industrial.

Had to GOOGLE it.

And the original poster of this thread hasn't been around in the past 4 years either. LOL :rolleyes:

Forklift.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, a 4 year old posting, brought back from the dead, with information that the caliper was used on forklifts.

At least i was on the right track, thinking industrial.

Had to GOOGLE it.

And the original poster of this thread hasn't been around in the past 4 years either. LOL :rolleyes:

View attachment 1715608913
Hee Hee!! You were on the right track for sure !! May have been used on a variety of equipment. I saw the original post here was older, but the picture of that caliper actually showed up on a current posting at "Identify Anything" !! (The posting to identify the caliper ends 11-20-2020) !! It was linked back to this site, which is how I arrived here. !! Maybe the original poster will see the post here and we can connect on the part. If not I will retrofit it with something else I guess !! Thanks For Your Response and Have A Great Day !!

-
Back