KH Discs vs 73+ Discs

KH or 73+ Discs

• Total voters
-
I actually learned too--and that's a large share of why I'm here...I'm also dumb enough to succumb to the temptation of having a retarded online argument...so, I'm certainly not in a good position to call out anyone else...can we go on now?

IIRC, there is a very small increase in track with the KH system, over the 10" drums.
IIRC, the 73up single piston set up, is also a bit wider than the KHers.
I'm going by memory here.

IIRC, there is a very small increase in track with the KH system, over the 10" drums.
IIRC, the 73up single piston set up, is also a bit wider than the KHers.
I'm going by memory here.

your memory is not good. the width is the same for disc and drum, 73 and up is wider. Unless I'm wrong???

Did anyone else mention that the Vette was also 4 wheel disc not disc/drum! So it had 4 Kelsey Hayes with bigger rotors and bigger tires vs the Dart disc/drum. I like the IDEA of more pistons on the caliper but I'm not sure in comparing these two systems the Kelsey Hayes were any better. The problem I had with the sliders is the pad availability for Autocross, no Hawks ar anything race-ish available, are there for the K/H?

Did anyone else mention that the Vette was also 4 wheel disc not disc/drum! So it had 4 Kelsey Hayes with bigger rotors and bigger tires vs the Dart disc/drum. I like the IDEA of more pistons on the caliper but I'm not sure in comparing these two systems the Kelsey Hayes were any better. The problem I had with the sliders is the pad availability for Autocross, no Hawks ar anything race-ish available, are there for the K/H?

Wrong, EBC makes pads for the single piston caliper. You didn't plug in the correct info.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=181392

So, I had the opportunity to drive someone's '73 Duster today. It had 73+ discs up front and 10" drums in the rear. I didn't have my KH discs 100% dialed in at the time, but I felt like I had more confidence in my Dart's stopping than the Duster. My Dart had a tired 273, 904, 2.93 gears, and 205/75/14 tires. The Duster had a built 360, 833, 3.23's, and 225 tires up front with 275's out back. It was a fun and short ride and that car was definitely built well.

-
Back