Kick panel speakers

-

supertruck

Unretired Old Fart stock car racer
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone who has used the kick panels with built in speakers for A bodies, as sold by Classic Industries and some others. How did they work out? Any interference issues? Any problems with space in the footwells after installation? Thinking about going that route rather than cutting into the new rear side panels on my project (73 Sport). Already added two smaller speakers in the dash using the adapter plate sold by a FABO member.

I used the Kick Panels twice. You can but just the panels and install your own speakers, or but them with the speakers already installed in the panels. The speakers that go in there can't be too deep because or the panel won't fit just right. I would get them with the upgraded speakers already installed

Thanks TF360. Speaker depth was one thing I worried about. I'll get the ones with the speakers built in.

You could call CustomAutosound and inquire about how they fit, but from what I recall, the Pioneer set I bought fit nice.

Mine worked out good. I got the ones for 4x6 speakers. They don’t handle a lot of volume, but that is ok for me as I have 6x9s in the back.

I bought the empty ones because I called them and found out what speakers were in them. I could buy them a lot cheaper separately from amazon. Think I ended up buying better ones.

They stick out a fair amount, my passenger air door barely opens, but I have ac so I don’t care. I wouldn’t want them to stick out farther or they would be in the way. There is almost no clearance behind the kick panel, so everything has to go out to fit.

The fit was excellent. Doesn't interfere with leg room. Only thing is the vent doors don't open all the way. I ordered them with the high output speakers. With my Kicker 6x9's in the back they sound great.

Fred B

001.jpg

002.jpg

I agree with all of the above; they're not the most powerful speakers but compliment the 6x9's in the back nicely and overall were a good addition. Fresh air doors only open about 2/3 now, but thats not a big deal. And the Kicks themselves are quite close to the originals.
20180719_203615.jpg

Funny thing though - since I dropped in the 408 with the Flowmaster 40s I hardly ever listen to the stereo anymore. My ears are always happy enough.

Thanks guys, especially for the pics. I'm not looking for big sound since the engine sound is usually enough. But now and then I like a bit of music (60's since I'm an old dude) so these should work out nicely.

I say this again just in case the right person(s) are looking... Someone should produce a bolt on cover with adjustable vent snapped into it that has a screen behind it to replace those factory vent doors.

-
Back