Kickdown Linkage Clips / Alternative

-

Dodge72

Odd one out
Reaction score
Howdy!

So with my 360 swap I got an almost complete 4 barrel, 3 rod kickdown linkage. The only things I'm missing are three clips : both retaining clips for the bottom rod connecting the trans and linkage, and the retaining clip for the gear linkage on the transmission:

20200403_200722.jpg
20200403_200729.jpg

Where can I get these clips? Or is there something else I can do to keep these attached? I was kinda hoping to get this car off jack stands to drive it around the neighborhood this weekend. Thank you!

napa or any real auto parts store should have them

You will need to drill a hole thru the rod to use the above pictured “Jesus clips.” Or “hair pin clips.” The originals hooked around the rod and snap clipped back to the top of the rod.
If you find a source let us know. I think Classic Industries has them. Syleng1

I think 2 of the rods should already have a hole in them, the kickdown rod@ the trans lever is the one that uses the clip that snap over the rod and lever, that will require a hole drilled for the hair pin style clip

Thanks all. Unfortunately none of these linkage rods have any holes , otherwise I would've dug for some barrette clips and be done with it.

Those ones in the Advanced link will help with the one rod end going to the linkage bracket, but for the other two they need to connect on top, not to the side of the hole. I'll see if Napa today has any variety of clips. Here's a listing for the original looking clip that I need:

Screenshot_20200404-115352_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200404-115402_Facebook.jpg

Thanks all. Unfortunately none of these linkage rods have any holes , otherwise I would've dug for some barrette clips and be done with it.

Those ones in the Advanced link will help with the one rod end going to the linkage bracket, but for the other two they need to connect on top, not to the side of the hole. I'll see if Napa today has any variety of clips. Here's a listing for the original looking clip that I need:

View attachment 1715500506 View attachment 1715500507
Those clips pictured are for the long one piece KD rod and are larger and offset/angled, the 3-piece KD linkage clip you need is smaller and comes with a right or left swing so be sure to get the correct one when you purchase them. Be careful not to buy the carb or choke ones as they are too small. For the shifter linkage at the trans there should be a hole in the end of the trans rod where it connects to the lever for a cotter type/hair pin or if it is a 74 and up rod/lever on the trans it will have a small plastic bushing in the lever that the rod snaps into.

Dodge72 did you ever find that clip? I'm looking for the same one. My NAPA store doesn't have them. I tried Mega Parts USA no luck, and the guy on ebay is out of them.

Do u know what size u need. Measure them. On the lower rod r they 2 different sizes or same size. The manual shift rod should be drilled for a clip and a larger thin flat washer. I’ll get pics. Kim

I keep getting the message : file is to. If to upload to the server. This started yesterday. I can only post 1-3 pics at a time. What’s up with that. Kim

My kickdown rod on the transmission does not have a hole but the shift lever does like you showed. I don't know size it is. I'll have to check when I get home.

-
Back