Kidney stones???? Suck!

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Last Monday I woke up at about 10 pm with the most excruciating pain I've ever experienced! I went to the ER and it was confirmed 8 hrs later, my first ever Kidney stone. Gave me some non narcotic pain relievers and a funnel and said I would pass it in a few days. BS, it is Saturday noon and I still hurt like hell. Guess I'm headed back to the ER since I'm running out of pain pills and the soonest a urologist could see me was March 22nd!

My wife has dealt with those twice now. Both times put her in the hospital! Be careful, and get to the ER if you get a fever or chills. Good luck, wouldn't wish them on anyone!

My wife has dealt with those twice now. Both times put her in the hospital! Be careful, and get to the ER if you get a fever or chills. Good luck, wouldn't wish them on anyone!
That's great to know, I've had fever and chills for 4 days now!

could be an infection, better safe than sorry. I'd at least call an advice nurse or get to the ER. Just my 2 cents.

I've had 5 in my lifetime and they don't get any easier. My advice to anyone that ever gets one is to make sure you drink plenty of fluids all the time. I drink at least 160 ounces of water everyday now and haven't had one in over 5 years. Stay away from colas and too many green leafy vegetables (especially spinach).

I've had 5 in my lifetime and they don't get any easier. My advice to anyone that ever gets one is to make sure you drink plenty of fluids all the time. I drink at least 160 ounces of water everyday now and haven't had one in over 5 years. Stay away from colas and too many green leafy vegetables (especially spinach).
I forgot to mention that drinking lots helps pass them a little quicker. So does engaging in prolonged gentle exercise.

I've had them, don't want anymore. Bosses step daughter gets them occasionally. Dr. told her to drink olive oil and lemon juice. He says it works. ???

Last Monday I woke up at about 10 pm with the most excruciating pain I've ever experienced! I went to the ER and it was confirmed 8 hrs later, my first ever Kidney stone. Gave me some non narcotic pain relievers and a funnel and said I would pass it in a few days. BS, it is Saturday noon and I still hurt like hell. Guess I'm headed back to the ER since I'm running out of pain pills and the soonest a urologist could see me was March 22nd!

Call your primary phys. He can put pressure to get you a better appointment. 2nd did they give you the pills that make you pee bright orange. They help. Just make sure you hit the target as they stain everything.

I've had them, don't want anymore. Bosses step daughter gets them occasionally. Dr. told her to drink olive oil and lemon juice. He says it works. ???

Been there, done that more once too. Whether it's old-wives tale voodoo or not, the olive oil/lemon juice cocktails seemed to help me pass them. Worded for someone else I suggested it to also. Chanca Piedra may help if it's ongoing.

My mother outlaw just went in the hospital for them this week... :BangHead:

Call your primary phys. He can put pressure to get you a better appointment. 2nd did they give you the pills that make you pee bright orange. They help. Just make sure you hit the target as they stain everything.
They gave me Flowmax to make me pee and Ketorolac for the pain which does help it a lot. The damn thing won't pass.

Im thinking I may have one and not looking fwd to it. Sharp severe side pain occasionally when getting up. Dad had them a few times and said it was painful as hell.
He passed the diabetes on to me so wont be surprised if this is hereditary too dammit.
Olive oil and lemon juice eh?

Im thinking I may have one and not looking fwd to it. Sharp severe side pain occasionally when getting up. Dad had them a few times and said it was painful as hell.
He passed the diabetes on to me so wont be surprised if this is hereditary too dammit.
I was just looking it up. Here it is to read. Olive Oil and Lemon Juice for Kidney Stones

I too inherited Diabetes from my Dad. Oh lucky us.

I passed a 7 and a 5mm
They're not stones at all.
They are jagged bits of Hell with a thousand tiny knifepoints hell-bent on cutting your guts to ribbons. Three hours from kidney to bladder.I thought I was dying.Then plopped into the tin thingamabob. The Dr. says I got 5 more rattling around in there.
Oh lucky me.
Oh lucky you.

Well that sucks! I passed a stone years ago. I had pain for a few days but not enough for a hospital visit. Time to go potty before bed. Damn, ouch, Plop, Blood dripping from somewhere that it doesn't belong. Then I went to Emergency.

"They are jagged bits of Hell with a thousand tiny knifepoints hell-bent on cutting your guts to ribbons."
^^^^This!^^^^
Had them, passed them, hope that I never get them again.
Nothing I can say or suggest is going to help.

Good God, 5 and 7mm? I though I saw the pearly gates when I got my bore punched with the "Stainless Stallion" after a nasty little "transmitted disease" gave me the drip. This was so common oversees that we called the Oversees Service Ribbon the "Clap ribbon" Do they still insert a probe and shatter them with sonic waves so they pass as shrapnel instead of a warhead?

Told you lots of beer! It has served civilization for eons!

The water you drink in your area is full of minerals. Never mind the smell sometimes!

Realistically a Few a day or gallons of water! I will take the six pac or less of Coors light over 2 gallons of water!

Last edited:
Told you lots of beer! It has served civilization for eons!

The water you drink in your area is full of minerals. Never mind the smell sometimes!

Realistically a Few a day or gallons of water! I will take the six pac or less of Coors light over 2 gallons of water!
That may be my problem, I usually will not drink beer unless I have a fellow beer drinker over. I'm ashamed to say that I have beer that ages out before it gets drank.

Good God, 5 and 7mm? I though I saw the pearly gates when I got my bore punched with the "Stainless Stallion" after a nasty little "transmitted disease" gave me the drip. This was so common oversees that we called the Oversees Service Ribbon the "Clap ribbon" Do they still insert a probe and shatter them with sonic waves so they pass as shrapnel instead of a warhead?
I don't know but I may be finding out if it doesn't pass!

-
Back