Kids gone! Money and time for my Mopar

-

Hank’sFS

Reaction score
Hi,
Great forum. Reading through the last week and it is an incredibly rich forum. Well done all. I’ve just got the last kid gone and it’s time to return my attention to the 68 Formula S convertible four speed sitting in my garage. It’s missing it’s 340, and in otherwise rough shape. But with your help, I will do my best to restore it.
Cheers,
Hank’sFS

Welcome to FABO Hank!

Let's hope they come back, but only to visit:D. Mine have't returned, but I am raising a grandkid.

Com'on Hank, show us your junk,er , er stuff, er automobile!
Restore or hotrod?
I too have a 68 MT but Fastback not vert.
If not a restoration, you might want to get you more than a 340,cuz, these Barracudas are a little porkier than the Darts, Demons, and Dusters. OK mine is,lol. I'm down to 3440 me not in it, and no 70# fold-down rearseat. That's about 250 heavier than the lightweights. Your vert will likely be similar. I'm at 9.4 pounds per cube, IMO, a pretty good place to be . A 340 would put you at 10.2/10.4ish
In any case, welcome here.

Ah, didn’t mean to tease. I’m out of town for the weekend but will post some photos when I get back. The car was rough but basically original when I bought it 30 years ago. VIN BH27P8B384393. I drove it for years that way and then started to work it when my kids were little. Then stopped to keep peace. Unfortunately I had the engine removed by a local San Diego guy for a rebuild. He then went out of business and I lost him and the original 340. That is my biggest concern. My plan is to bring it back as close to original as feasible.

Ah, didn’t mean to tease. I’m out of town for the weekend but will post some photos when I get back. The car was rough but basically original when I bought it 30 years ago. VIN BH27P8B384393. I drove it for years that way and then started to work it when my kids were little. Then stopped to keep peace. Unfortunately I had the engine removed by a local San Diego guy for a rebuild. He then went out of business and I lost him and the original 340. That is my biggest concern. My plan is to bring it back as close to original as feasible.

So here are some photos. Still clearing out room to lay out the parts I have and figure out what I don't have and what condition the rest is in.

Front view at project start.jpg

Side view at project start.jpg

Side view two at project start.jpg

Rear view at project start.jpg

I almost traded my 57 Fordor for one that looked like yours. He backed out but I think I was saved as his paint was like rollered house paint.

Welcome aboard Hank. Ragtop and 4spd owner here as well. Yer leaps and bounds ahead of mine tho lol.
Enjoy!

Welcome .
I look forward to seing your car transform !

Welcome Hank, glad to have you with us. And you come to the party with a very cool and worthy project, time for you and the Cuda to get bizzy!!

-
Back