Kitten advice needed

-
She will be a house/shop cat. Im building an apartment at the shop so we will all live together.

Edit- i went down stairs to talk to a buddy for a while and when I went back up stairs there was a turd in the litter box!

Hell yeah. Day two and She is on it!
Yup if it's one thing they are not it's stupid.

Also I'll throw this in. I recommend almost 100% dry food. Just pick a good one. .....and no grocery store or walmart has a good one. I say dry because it keeps their little teeth clean and helps ward off tooth decay. We give ours a treat of either canned food or toony fish about once a month. Other than that it's strictly dry food.

Yup if it's one thing they are not it's stupid.

Also I'll throw this in. I recommend almost 100% dry food. Just pick a good one. .....and no grocery store or walmart has a good one. I say dry because it keeps their little teeth clean and helps ward off tooth decay. We give ours a treat of either canned food or toony fish about once a month. Other than that it's strictly dry food.

My dog ate fancy food so I under stand what you are saying.

I was under the impression no dry food until She is older?

At what age do you transition to dry food?

My dog ate fancy food so I under stand what you are saying.

I was under the impression no dry food until She is older?

At what age do you transition to dry food?
As soon as they're weaned. She's way ready.

As soon as they're weaned. She's way ready.

Ok good to know. I cant stand the smell of canned pet food.

I will go to the pet food place where I used to buy Dobos food and pick up some quality kitten food.

Ok good to know. I cant stand the smell of canned pet food.

I will go to the pet food place where I used to buy Dobos food and pick up some quality kitten food.
Grain free is best.

my two never really took to wet food.. they have been all dry food. we use nutro brand for out dogs and cats.. we also use arm and hammer clump and seal multi cat litter... we have the dog food, car food and litter on auto delivery from chewy... we leave their food out all day. there is also water out all day but they prefer to drink from the bathroom spigot when someone turn it on for them.. hell storm (my female) come up in my face all purring and all until i get up and she will run right to the bathroom sink..lol smart lil ****...

my two are slobs. used to kick litter all over the place.. got one of these covered litter boxes and it works quite well. they seemed ok with it from day one.. CLEVERCAT Top-Entry Litter Box - Chewy.com

IMG_20210622_081150.jpg

IMG_20210623_173907.jpg

IMG_20210627_075504.jpg

IMG_20210629_130645.jpg

IMG_20210630_152146.jpg

IMG_20210704_180219.jpg

IMG_20210709_211831.jpg

IMG_20210730_073020.jpg

IMG_20210823_071407.jpg

IMG_20210910_110304.jpg

Last edited:
Cool you got a polydactyl kitty with thumbs! My mom has one that looks just like yours. She's got a claw between that "thumb" and fingers that has to be trimmed or else it will grow into her paw. She's a major pain in the ***.

Cool you got a polydactyl kitty with thumbs! My mom has one that looks just like yours. She's got a claw between that "thumb" and fingers that has to be trimmed or else it will grow into her paw. She's a major pain in the ***.

lol. i call him thumbs. he cracks me up man. luckily he doesn't have the problem you described.

what else amazed me about these two is from day one they couldn't care less about the dogs. they would walk right by the dogs, under the dogs, lay next to them from day one. we figured we would have to go through a month of adjustment. my younger pit would curl up with them when they were kittens. he is so gentle. my older brindle was scared of them and would always be on the other side of the room from them. my lil dog was fine with them from day one too.

Sometimes you have to wait for a name to present it's self.

We've renamed a few of ours to things that more closely match their "felinalities" (feline version of "personalities").

My one big girl was originally "Punkin' Patch" because of a pumpkin colored patch on her head.
Turned out she was so sweet we had to rename her "Valentine 365".

That same ol' boy that likes belly rubs is likely to get into the shower with you.
He almost always asks for the water to be turned on in the mornings.
He will let you know when it's hot enough for humans, too.

@RustyRatRod

So this happened...

View attachment 1715894715

I have never had a cat before and need all the advice.

I went out and got some kitten wet food but beyond that I have no Idea how to care for a kitten.

She will need all her shots and spayed but im not sure when?

So hit me with some knowledge!

Thanks everyone !
We have had cats in the house for over fourty year’s. My cats have always been nocturnal meaning that when the lights go out it’s party time for the cat. It’s time to play with a catnip toys and run through the house like an idiot, they do this with or with out the toys. So when you are in bed it can sound like a clumsy drunk is in the house. Lol, my cat likes to run through the house at full speed after he takes a dump.

We have had cats in the house for over fourty year’s. My cats have always been nocturnal meaning that when the lights go out it’s party time for the cat. It’s time to play with a catnip toys and run through the house like an idiot, they do this with or with out the toys. So when you are in bed it can sound like a clumsy drunk is in the house. Lol, my cat likes to run through the house at full speed after he takes a dump.

lol. thats funny. mine did that when young and are still up earlier then anyone else but they have turned into dogs. the sleep overnight in bed with the dogs now.

We were camped out at my cousin's place in San Gabriel Valley/LA, they had a very active and fun kitty. Wife and I on the sofa bed and it starts shaking in the early morning hours. "Goofy cat! Go play with the kids!" I was convinced the cat was toying with us visitors. Turned out there was a massive earthquake out in the desert that morning that woke me from a sound sleep and not the silly orange cat :lol:.

@RustyRatRod

I picked up some non grain food and have made the transition to dry kitty food.

Man, thank you for that advice.

She is basically a hell spawn at this point. Biting everything and jumping everywhere.

She is gonna be a great mouser.

I just gotta make sure she dont bite my sisters little girls, so we are working on "No Bites" right now.

Thank you for the advice.

@RustyRatRod

I picked up some non grain food and have made the transition to dry kitty food.

Man, thank you for that advice.

She is basically a hell spawn at this point. Biting everything and jumping everywhere.

She is gonna be a great mouser.

I just gotta make sure she dont bite my sisters little girls, so we are working on "No Bites" right now.

Thank you for the advice.
Any bites to humans they give are generally "love bites" and not really hard......unless they are really excited and in a really playful mood. That's when you don't expose your hands to them. It ain't tough. Yall will get it. My advice is to get something.....rolled up magazine or newspaper...something "other" than your hand and if she bites too hard, SMACK her on the butt with some authority. You don't want to hurt her, but you need to let her know she's not supposed to do that and the point of not using your hand is, you want her to be afraid of something else, instead of you. Get ready for her to get where she's not supposed to, knock stuff and break it, you name it. That's a cat. You just live with it. Remember though the old adage is true, it's never the pet's fault.

Last edited:
Minxy.

Lately because of the litter box and our close quarters, stinksyminxy...

My cat looked like that one 21 years ago.
No claws but never goes out.
If she does she looks out and comes right back in.
This is what you come home to. The cat sleeping in some strange shape in your chair.

20220330_162618.jpg

LOL. I remember Jay Leno one time talking about he bought a set of night vision goggles so he could mess with the cat in the dark. I occurred to me that the cat didn't know Jay could not see in the dark, she just thought he looked stupid with that mess on his head!!!

-
Back