Krusty is making progress....

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

MMissile

Reaction score
Went up to my chassis builder's shop yesterday to drop off parts, and to get fitted for seating. New front portion of moly cage is done... except sidebars, new inners are spotwelded in and filling the cowl holes. The car is gonna fit like a glove. I have to get on the dash resto/mods now. Parts are being ordered, and trying to get stuff promptly. [can be quite the challenge] Hopefully, I'll have a good year, and things will get done. Last year, was by far the worst I've experienced. Went toe-to-toe with the reaper twice.

Krusty 12-31-22.jpg

Krusty 21-31-22  2.jpg

Krusty 12-31-22   3.jpg

Krusty 12-31-22   5.jpg

Krusty 12-31-22   7.jpg

Krusty 12-31-22   9.jpg

Krusty 12-31-22   10.jpg

A lot of thought going into that cage. I like it!

A lot of thought going into that cage. I like it!
Al has been building racecars, forever. I like how he welded the down-bar from the halo....directly to the body at the windshield base. That cowl area is the strongest part of the car.
Happy New Year!

Last edited:
Al has been building racecars, forever. I like how he welded the the down-bar from the halo....directly to the body at the windshield base. That cowl area is the strongest part of the car.
Happy New Year!
Yup lots of triangulation.

This was the first chassis he did for me in 2005. Still in my garage....
AW Racecars, Freeland Mi.

Missile 2018 autorama MHR.jpg

Missile trunk 2018 Auto rama.jpg

Missile interior Autorama 2018.jpg

Last edited:
Al's guy Randy, decided to grind the welds.....and gonna light-coat to smooth.

I also received my glove-box door and Holley Dominator from 2 members. Thank you.

Krusty cowl welding-smoothing.jpg

Krusty cowl smooth 1-5-23.jpg

Last edited:
I was bored, and found things I can do, while I recover from my ordeal...this past year. The door is about half as heavy, and still super stiff. Off for powder-coat next...

Krusty GB door.jpg

Krusty GB door 2.jpg

Krusty GB door 3.jpg

Last edited:
Outer engine-bay was stripped and painted. Next is the mock-up of the 360 block, turbo 400, and motor-plate. Once that is comfy, prep and orange paint for the inner bay. Dash is powder coated[light texture finish], and seats, mounts, and splash-shields will be coated this week. We're taking some weight outta the seat mount pedestels [my friend Matt/RAT PATROL].....

Krusty seat pedestals.jpg

Krusty Matt on mill.jpg

Krusty seat pedestals milled.jpg

Krusty dash left angle powder.jpg

Krusty dash rt end.jpg

Krusty dash front powder.jpg

Krusty outside engine bay.jpg

Last edited:
It's looking like we may have to modify the trans-tunnel for the Turbo 400. Good thing this is a worthless 6cyl car. The floors look new.

Krusty floors.jpg

Krusty floors mint.jpg

LOL... Al's guys are mad, because they had to remove the new rear-bulkhead. More cutting, as we're adding mini-tubs. We'll be ordering a new Strange Dana-60 this week. Al's getting exact measurements. I'm gonna use the Bogart wheels that were on my silver car. I also have a set of vintage slots, for street tires.

Still making chips.....
To quote an old racecar builder and driver... "Nothing weighs less than holes".

The speedo will mount solidly, and lights and switches will be in unused original holes.

Krusty cluster uncut.jpg

Krusty cluster cut.jpg

Krusty cut cluster holes.jpg

Krusty cut cluster on face.jpg

Krusty making holes 3 pieces.jpg

I once read the 60's Super Stock racers like Landy an the Sox&Martin team went as far as removing all unnecessary
light bulbs ! That's counting calories !

Cowl has first coat of primer. Gotta leave it there for now. We may be making mods to the tunnel...
Now that the 360 block and motor-plate are in the correct spot, we'll see how many trans-tunnel mods will be required for the Turbo-400. This is getting exciting...:thumbsup:

Krusty cowl primer.jpg

Krusty block and plate in correct position.jpg

Krusty block-plate front view.jpg

Last edited:
More chopping today. Both inside tubs, and the trans tunnel. Gotta make more room for that Turbo-400.

Krusty lft minitub cut.jpg

Krusty rt minitub cut.jpg

Krusty tunnel cut 1-19-23.jpg

I did not know you had a thread on here. Thanks for posting.

I bet when you show up, Al hides the hole saw.

Old thread Hello Folks!! Meet Krusty..
I've burned-up many hole-saws over the years. Al approves of my hole-saw obsession. Gotta mill my 4 to 2-hole/offset master-cylinder adapter. It's a brick.

Talk soon, my friend....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back