Krylon BBQ and Stove Paint under-hood treatment

Mopar Body and Trim

1. seabee

seabee FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    1:44 AM
    So I decided to spray paint under the hood, trunk, and some of the engine compartment since the butternut yellow (why lord why?!) looked horrible under a black car. I have been using Black Rustolium Engine enamel to touch up any parts I replace and it has been a pretty poor and splotchy spray. I wasn't expecting much with the Krylon spray, but the flat finish and 1200 degree temperature resistance seemed to make it a decent choice for a quick fix.

I was extremely surprised with the Krylon results! It sprays well and dries with an even, flat coat. Only took one coat and it looks like I sprayed it with a gun. No shiny spots or uneven matte. So just an FYI, if you are looking for a cheap spray can to get a flat, heat resistant finish try the Krylon BBQ and Stove spray paint.

2. moparornocar72

moparornocar72 Jack Of All Trades

Local Time:
    3:44 AM
    Pics?

3. seabee

seabee FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    1:44 AM
    i tried taking some but it's after dark and they didn't come out well with the camera flash. Tomorrow during the day I'll snap some.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.