Kudos to Summit - long winded...

-

moper

Reaction score
So I just delievered a 496 for a customer amid a bunch of chaos in terms of my normal job, renovations at home, and a large power transmission project happening currently on my property. The last part was a fuel pump I normally keep "in stock" that I couldn't find and forgot to order. So I took a paid day off and ordered it from Summit based off a description off thier site and paid 1/2 the cost of the pump for fast shipping. I got angry when it didn't show on time. I called Summit. I ordered it at 7am online, with priority shipping. They actually filled and shipped it at 6:40PM of the same day. So it was a day late. Still would have been on time (morning) for my day off to allow me to fire the engine on my stand. Then - the construction crews on my driveway parked a large piece of equipment at the end of the drive, blocking it off - until the low-boy came to pick the equipment up. Fed-Ex drove by because they couldn't access the property. Another call to Summit - who calls Fed Ex. I got the pump at 4pm of my day off. Too late to do what I needed to. Blew a day off, $20, and the engine was still cold. So - had to redo a bathroom and the engine had to wait. I got it done in a week (a long week...) and wen tto bolt the pump on. I've run Carter pumps since I got into car - almost 30 years now. This one was described as having a 3/8 inv flare outlet. The one I was holding had a 1/8" NPT... Called Summit - I was rather terse. Sat on hold for 30 minutes while they "checked into it". I got more angry... Guy comes back and says they can send me another pump and I can return what I have - it will be a week oh and by the way - the description's wrong - it has a 1/2"NPT outlet. This engine is for a car with a scheduled magazine shoot - can't wait a week... I don't care about the outlet as long as the 5/16 inv flare fitting can be adapted to it. Got more angry - said "thanks but I'll just keep it. I can't wait and I want someone that can put eyes on it for me before it's shipped" and hung up. I ended up getting the 1/8" npt - 5/16 inv flare adaptor and running the engine with that pump. So all in all - it's all good. Engine's with the customer, car will be ready for the photo shoot and Musclepalooza. I figured all's well that ends well.

So I get to work today and there's an email from Summit. They credited the price of the pump for me. I never asked, honestly I was a bit of a jerk on the phone calls due to my overall stress and frustration, and I never asked for a refund.

So - Kudos to Summit Racing! You've gotten a lot of business from me over the years as one of my top suppliers and this was the first defect I'd gotten. Your patience with an irrate customer and an unexpected full part price refund is appreciated. Thanks!

Summit has gone to the end of the earth for my little ol' ***... So far I'm a Life-Customer (*knocks on wood table*)

let me contribute to the way these guys do business. i ordered this part http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SPE-98499 from them an noticed it had some small pits in it. i tried to sand and buff them out only for the pits to get bigger and look worse. i figured i'd have to fill and paint it but really wanted the polished look. i called them knowing what i did was on me, and the dood told me no problem send it back and we'll replace it under warranty, FREE !
to add to it, he mailed me a return slip to cover the shipping as well. summit rocks !

-
Back