LA 360 Oil Pump

-

big block

Reaction score
What normal volume small block LA 360 oil pump is made in America. Internet showes Melling m-72 is made in china. I did have problems with a M-72 Melling HV last year. Just want a good standard pump made in America.
Thank big block

One way I combat that problem is to watch eBay for old /new stock . I have found a lot of old stuff lost on shelves , garage shutting down somebody's old project that never got put together etc. I've been lucky so far and got some really nice old stuff.

What normal volume small block LA 360 oil pump is made in America. Internet showes Melling m-72 is made in china. I did have problems with a M-72 Melling HV last year. Just want a good standard pump made in America.
Thank big block
Can you elaborate on the problems you had? I’m using the high volume Melling (USA) with no problems, have another going on a 360 soon. Running a stock melling on a 318 truck motor no issues. Disassembling, inspecting and making sure it’s clean is a good idea.

Thank big block
M-72 at Summit Racing says Made in USA.

M-72 is somewhat generic nowadays. Rock lists many and buys old closeouts so maybe they have some USA made models. Do you have a core, perhaps a mad in USA rotor and that other thing could get you back up and running.

Just received a new M72-HV this week from Summit
Melling label proudly states " Made in the USA"
Summit Racing rocks!
If one pulls it apart (very easy, nothing to mess up) and inspects the check ball and spring, verifies all the clearances (as shown in a FSM, but really that’s overkill as I’m sure most just rinse and install) and cleanliness it’s good to go no worries. Pull it from the box and slap it on without at least cleaning and ensuring the check ball within the housing is clear is the only issue right? Pretty basic contraption

Thank big block
What issue did u have with M-72 HV ??

-
Back