LA ( Medium Rise 2×4 Intake )

-

SS Lancer

Reaction score
Did Offy or Edelbrock or any other supplier ever make a medium rise 2x4 intake for the LA engine if so what was the part numbers ???
Thanks Chris

Medium rise? No.

Edelbrock made a dual plane dual quad. 2 versions. 1 for the early small screw/odd angle heads of the 273 and then the later normal 318/340/360 head bolt angle.

Offenhauser made a low level split plenum dual quad. The carb pads were low and high as per there description. The runners didn’t move. Just the carb pads.

Medium rise? No.

Edelbrock made a dual plane dual quad. 2 versions. 1 for the early small screw/odd angle heads of the 273 and then the later normal 318/340/360 head bolt angle.

Offenhauser made a low level split plenum dual quad. The carb pads were low and high as per there description. The runners didn’t move. Just the carb pads.

Ten 4 thank you
So both makes were low rpm like 6500 max ??
Medium rise? No.

So both models were like 6500 rpm max ???

I don’t know my man. I can see the Edelbrock being advertised to 6K, the Weiand that same or maybe 6500. But I really don’t know.

I don’t know if a pair of Holley 2bbl.’s can work on that or the Edelbrock. There made to work with the carbs in line but I guess if your willing to work at making them sideways.....

The Weiand rating was higher than I thought they would publish it at. 7500 is up there.

I don’t know if a pair of Holley 2bbl.’s can work on that or the Edelbrock. There made to work with the carbs in line but I guess if your willing to work at making them sideways.....

The Weiand rating was higher than I thought they would publish it at. 7500 is up there.
Weiand had one that was up to 7500 rpm ??
I have some older catalogs I will check this evening !!!
The new new stuff from them must be made in China a friend just bought one from summit in Atlanta and it was junk bolt holes woudnt even line up he had to return.

the Eddy manifolds mentioned above are the D64 for early 273 heads and D-66 for the rest of the LA engines. Most were set up with progressive linkages like factory 2X4 manifolds so they run on the primaries of the primary carb when cruising...

About 15 years ago, I was at a swap meet, and I saw one (I think it was an Eddy) for $125. It wasn't in my budget at the time. Kicking myself now.

It may can be done with offset TBI adapters, one two barrel at rear of back carb flange and one at front of forward flange. Holley list #6425 650 CFM two barrels would be an option but for a comparable four barrel flow of 919 CFM. That would probably get the most potential from the manifold for drag strip usage, being somewhat of a “full blast set-up” . A more attractive option for street driving would be a pair of FI tech or holley two barrel TBI units, but would be more of a visual appeal kind of thing. Like I say often “it would be awful to have any real money” ... just too much stuff and so little time!

Last edited:
Like I say often “it would be awful to have any real money” ... just too much stuff and so little time!
Freakin A brother! Freakin A.

The dual quad dual plane Edelbrock intake is a pair of Carters, in line only intake manifold. With that in mind.... what ever fits, fits.

-
Back