LA small block,Do you put an oil passage in your head stud?

What do you do for oiling to rockers with head studs

• Nothing run them dry

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Sprayers in covers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Open the passage

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Modify the head stud

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
1st Don't give up on your son
2nd I hope he never reads this.. its pretty embarrassing for him to tell everyone that you think your sons a failure. Not everyone is going to be a spitting image or a continuation of the things dads into. We can hope... cause it sure would make it easier to RAISE THEM:poke:...right?
I don't think he's a failure. He's been on his own since 2008. I'm proud of him for that, regardless of how he's accomplished it. He's not landed in jail, so I'm proud of that. He knows how I feel and that I love him.

I think that's a pretty fair statement. Have you ever seen a broken factory head bolt? I have, but not on a Mopar. I think with what Steve and his son are doin though, studs are a good idea.
No, I have not ever seen a broken factory mopar head bolt. I have asked... no one I know has either. I still use the main and head bolts that came factory with my 340...same head bolts on my 406...

Last edited:
Heck there was a post on Facebook the other day about a guy looking for ARO studs for his B1 heads (7/16). Several guys chimed in about using bolts instead of studs. Would I do it? No but I don’t eat Lobster either.

Some people go to great lengths to appear to "solve" a problem, whether the problem is real or imagined
I tend to also think this way. And I trust the Chrysler engineers I have always ran stock heads and hydraulic lifters etc. The only mods I have been aware of is plugging the oil galleys to run a solid lifter cam.

My son Is a member on this site .he reads every word. Many members met him at Carlisle. he did a lot of members engines and there are some here now. If there wouldn't be so much trash talking every time a member adds there opinion to a thread . You all could probably benefit from some of his Knowledge.
From what I hear in the shop there is a reason why Gold members leave and new followers are hesitant to become one. My son said he won't join and is always telling me to give it up.

Last edited:
So if it's not praise ..its trash talking ??
If everyone doesn't jump on the bandwagon it's an insult ??

he's a member then he's not a member 'gold or site? And wtf does it matter?!'.
Do you think your one membership is going to influence someone? Are you from Delaware or something?

Do whatever you guys want with your head bolts an oiling who cares. Move on.
THIS is what makes it suck sometimes.lame
Did not need a thread about who agrees or not.

Last edited:

he's a member then he's not a member .

He wants everyone to be in awe of his sons staggering knowledge and skills, like theres not hundreds or perhaps thousands of other shops out there capable of doing quality work. I never even mentioned to him I built my first engine before his son was even born....what's the point, all hes gonna do is call names and throw insults anyway. I do know of one member in particular who has actually offered to help guys here for FREE, and it sure ain't him. These know-it-alls just use FABO as there free online virtual billboard. To bad the old man probably runs off way more people than he brings in.

he's a member then he's not a member .

What would you call this post from you? You do it to everyone.

And I never said he's not a member just won't pay the $40.

Now its . "Do what ever we want with the oiling"

Why didn't you keep your big trap shut right from the start. And you say Who Cares? Well then why don't you just move on. I never ask for your opinions on anything.

Last edited:
I can dish out as much as I take in. And laugh all day.
Is that why you threw a little temper tantrum just the other day, trawled through my posts and gave me about a dozen X in about 30 seconds?
Is that how you take it ? Especially when I don't think I've ever given you an X ..?
LOL sure...

What would you call this post from you? You do it to everyone.

And I never said he's not a member just won't pay the $40.

Now its . "Do what ever we want with the oiling"

Why didn't you keep your big trap shut right from the start. And you say Who Cares? Well then why don't you just move on. I never ask for your opinions on anything.
If you do or don't ask for my opinion, it wouldn't matter.. it's in thousands of posts on this site whether you want it or not.
Again, great idea..and by the tone of this thread it sounds like people are totally sold on it and believe and trust your character to do business with you...so.. best of luck and remember..dont forget about us little guys.
:rolleyes:

*It's a shame when threads like this go this many pages of stupid ^^^*

I tend to also think this way. And I trust the Chrysler engineers I have always ran stock heads and hydraulic lifters etc. The only mods I have been aware of is plugging the oil galleys to run a solid lifter cam.
You are correct you don't need studs on many engines. Bolts are adequate and have a narrow shank for oil flow for a reason. If you do need to use studs on a high compression engine or with Boost or Nitrous that is when the oil flow can be restricted due to the increased Diameter of the stud. That is what is being corrected. Does every engine need this done? No. Who knows if the stud is tight against the hole on the passage side of the feed or exit.

It is the step on the bolt under the head of the bolt that keeps the bolt centered. There is no step on the stud and it is much wider then the bolt.

There are some that use studs because they think they need to , But they don't. A good ARP bolt set is all that is needed in most cases as you stated. factory bolts were good but they are 50 + years old.. Thanks for the input. Steve

If you do or don't ask for my opinion, it wouldn't matter.. it's in thousands of posts on this site whether you want it or not.
Again, great idea..and by the tone of this thread it sounds like people are totally sold on it and believe and trust your character to do business with you...so.. best of luck and remember..dont forget about us little guys.
:rolleyes:

*It's a shame when threads like this go this many pages of stupid ^^^*
. "This many pages of stupid" ? The pot calling the kettle Black or what ? The thread is still going because of you. LMAO

You don't present a bad idea....and realize many of us have presented good ideas that most people gawked at OR simply shrugged and continued on with the way they did it. It used to bug me..because I believed it was a really good idea I had...now I could care less anymore.
Remember...
People in their 50 still wipe their boogers on the pants .
If you just remember that...you'll be good.
I'm in my late 60's. I wipe them on other peoples pants.

Hey now ..I'm a cast iron frying pan, get that straight. :poke:
Your not a Cast Iron Frying Pan. Your just confused from the injury in second grade from Mom. Don't you remember brother? Isn't that what Mom cracked you over the head with at age 19 .

Now That's funny right there brother.

-
Back