LAN gaming. I knew there was a reason I kept this old stuff.

-

RSie

Idiot In Training
Reaction score
I saw this quarantine stuff coming a month ago, and started doing things to keep us occupied. Found my old installs of MOHAA, Battlefield 1942, Command and Conquer, and installed it them on all our PC's. 10-15 years ago I used to run LAN gaming stuff a lot.. not unusual to have 6 or 7 people in the garage, a few in the living room, a few in the basement, me and the wife on ours in the 'office'... having a blast all weekend.
No internet required for these, all local.
I remember the boy when he was four or so, jumping out of the tub, naked, to go play 'Germans'.. (what he called MOHAA) because he heard me playing. I set up a PC downstairs, hooked up to the 52 inch TV.. plays great. 17 year old saw that, he sat down there all day playing single player, huge smiles.
'Old school' comes through :)

Edit: I didn't mean for this to be a 'yay me!' post. If any of you want copies of this stuff to keep some in your house occupied, let me know on this post. I can get the files to you (hopefully), and walk you through setting it up.
I'll tell ya, sniping your wife over and over from a good hiding spot is a blast. Until she does her 'I found you f****r ! and runs over you with a blazing Thompson :)

Last edited:
-
Back