Langley BC Mopar Madness - looking for info

-

str12-340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've never been to this show and am looking for input about the show. I think I want to go this year but can't find anyone who has been to it...

Anybody who has been there, what about hotels, etc.???

I've never been to this show and am looking for input about the show. I think I want to go this year but can't find anyone who has been to it...

Anybody who has been there, what about hotels, etc.???
The show will be held July 9th, 2017. It will be held at the George Preston Rec. Center, 20699 42nd Ave., Langley, B.C.
Contact Ray or Rachelle at 604-530-4420
Say hi to them for me when you phone them.
Graham

Its a good one you should try to make it. Cant help you with hotels as I drive over from Victoria, well organized, good venue and a great mix of quality cars.

Thanks for the info! I talked to Rachelle, made some room reservations and I'm headed to Langley...

I went one year but we arrived a little on the late side. There were still a LOT of cars there though, good people too.

Confirmed with the war department today we are going. Afterwards plan on swinging over to White Rock and eating at Charlie Don't Surf, I like the vibe in the place and wading out around the pier is nice.

I made it to Langley this evening and am looking forward to the show in the morning!!!

Take lots of pictures and post them up if you can!

It should be a good show.

I will be on the first ferry in the morning from Victoria, looking forward to the show.

What a great time I had at the show!!! Everyone was really welcoming, it was great to see new cars that I hadn't seen before (90% of those attending!), location and amenities were great. Had loads of discussions with folks about 70 Darts, about the history of my Dart and , of course, about life with 2 fours on a crossram on a small block. I drove my Dart there (180 miles each way?) with no issues except it really didn't like creeping along to the border crossing each way. I met two guys that knew my car from FABO that I can now put a face to the name. And I took 1st place in A-Body Modified Dodge with 9 cars in the class! There was a high level of quality evident throughout the show field. There was even somebody with a 70 Dart GT to talk with (us LH23 guys need to stick together!). I'll definitely attend next year.

What a great time I had at the show!!! Everyone was really welcoming, it was great to see new cars that I hadn't seen before (90% of those attending!), location and amenities were great. Had loads of discussions with folks about 70 Darts, about the history of my Dart and , of course, about life with 2 fours on a crossram on a small block. I drove my Dart there (180 miles each way?) with no issues except it really didn't like creeping along to the border crossing each way. I met two guys that knew my car from FABO that I can now put a face to the name. And I took 1st place in A-Body Modified Dodge with 9 cars in the class! There was a high level of quality evident throughout the show field. There was even somebody with a 70 Dart GT to talk with (us LH23 guys need to stick together!). I'll definitely attend next year.

I agree with everything you said about this show, I also like that the music they play isn't too loud, great songs. I also like that they allow pets, the wife chose not to bring our pugs, but she found a big one to say hello to. I was an epic fail on photos, had never seen this wagon so I took a lot of pics of it. I liked the announcer, very cool guy. They had hourly raffles, very well organized as mentioned.
I have a suggestion for the border, take the Guide Meridian (Hwy 539 I believe) and cross there BOTH ways. We did get "randomly" selected for inspection, but that can happen at any crossing. We ran over to White Rock BC after the show, lunch at Charlie Don't Surf and laid in the sand by the pier....great time, highly recommend this show.

IMG_2260.JPG

IMG_2252.jpg

IMG_2254.JPG

IMG_2256.JPG

IMG_2251.jpg

IMG_2261.JPG

IMG_2250.JPG

IMG_2262.JPG

-
Back