Last chance to stop me from buying the hype...

-

j par

Well-hung Member
Reaction score
I'm completely zeroed in on these Street Demon carburetors.. if the price drops any lower than 288.86.. the trigger will likely get pulled on two of them...
My brain is committed to two brand new carburetors...
I need some Devil's Advocate....
I like the looks of the non composite and don't see the necessity of it on a tunnel ram.. I actually want to get some 2in risers for them to make sure they stick out of the hood good and proud I need some advocate for that as well...
HELP I see the deep end and I'm about to go over.. lol...

I've never ran that carb, so I neither have a "nay or yay". Good luck, looking forward to the results.

From A guy on a forum......

(1)
So I got a street demon 625 and thought it was a pretty sweet carb until....
during tuning I ended up breaking off an inner piece of the top hat of the carb. It's the piece you lock and unlock to change the opening rate of the goggle flap..... basically your secondaries.

After I dug into and saw it was broken I really noticed how cheap the whole top hat assembly of this carb was.

Anyways called Demon tech, after 5 phone calls I finally got an asnwer ( sheesh ).
They tell me I need to send them the carb and they can repair it and send it back for 125. Well thats great but its still a weak piece ( now even weaker due to a repair ) that will likely fail again and leave me hanging.

I like the idea of the carb but I'm sticking with the old holley for some time now.

Just putting this out there as an information piece, all I saw were great reviews of it. It is a good carb but in my opinion not built well enough to hold up nearly as long as your holley or edelbrock.

(2)
What blew me away was looking at the area it broke......its an area that's maybe 1/4 " thick and its the only structural piece holding that function of the carb.
And after looking at the broken piece its no wonder it looks like poorly cast plastic.

I will never buy another demon......the earlier demons I've always heard to be junk but this new street demon was suppose to be a great piece..... And turns out it is.....great conversation piece as my new shop paper weight.

My Buddy Sid has an altered he drag races with a BBC engine in it, a tunnel ram and two 1406 Eddy carbS. The car runs 9.10 all day long and idles great. I would buy Eddy carbs over DEMON JUNK ANYDAY OF THE WEEK.

Not all Demon carbs are junk... I have a 750 mighty Demon atop my 408...my brother and I did tear it apart when it was brand new to get all the small metal shavings out of it.

But it was tuned/jetted for my engine when they had it on the dyno. Throttle response is very good when I had the car running. It’s in for paint now so, who knows when I’ll having a driving car again.

Personally, I'm a fan of edelbrock carbs because of the annular discharge on the AVS-2.
As far as the 2" risers to make them stick out of the hood? I'd probably get those along with a "boy-racer" 2 foot tall wing for the back. If all they are is for looks, NO.

Oh, come on now, you know you really want a set of Predator carburetors (sorry, couldn’t help playing devil’s advocate here)! They would probably be of more help than a pair of two inch spacers, to boot!

I've ran multiple Street Demons and have no problem with them. I haven't had anything break on any of them. They run pretty good out of the box, and if you wanna dial them in they do even better. I've only used the composite ones, just to lessen the chance of boiling the fuel. I've got several friends running the as well on anything from a 318 to 440.

For the price, they're hard to beat!

I haven't ever really heard anything bad about Street Demons, but on a tunnel ram with them sticking up out of the hood? Personally, I'd look for something that looks more like a carburetor than a box with fuel lines and linkage attached.
Bottom line... it's your car! Make yourself happy!

I do like the idea of something different that nobody else has seen.. I mean a lot of people have seen the carburetors but it wouldn't give a different kind of look to it..
I like the claims of good throttle response and even some claims of better horsepower..

IMG_20191210_084557.jpg
As you can see my Edelbrock do not stick out of the hood per se...
I would never put a wing on the back of my car or anything goofy like that but it would be kind of cool to me at any rate to see the carburetors.. after all there is a tunnel ram under there... Just a thought..
I sure appreciate everybody's input and thoughts on this and keep them coming if you can..

I haven’t had the chance to run a predator yet, but have talked to a couple of people who have on competition applications. I do intend on trying one in the future, though, however far away that may be.

Just once, pick a part and go with it.
If you want the Demon carbs, get them.
It shouldn't matter what others think or think they know. You are the one writing the check in the end.

Just once, pick a part and go with it.
If you want the Demon carbs, get them.
It shouldn't matter what others think or think they know. You are the one writing the check in the end.
Don't fool yourself, he already knows what he is going to do.

B66F5B64-7D3C-422E-BA71-C60B3FE3667A.jpeg
Have you thought about using a wood carb spacer? I have a 1” thick wood spacer made by AED. I used it to help keep the engine/manifold heat from getting to the carb, which I noticed it helped hot restarts tremendously.

in your case use it to raise the carbs so you can see them more! It’ll also pull double duty to keep that heat off of them.

$600.00 plus tax for a couple carbs ? Yikes !
Through a couple Eddys on there and burn rubber down the street. People are pretty much giving them away.
Then again, its your money. :)
PS: Didn't Demon carbs go out of business ?

I'm completely zeroed in on these Street Demon carburetors.. if the price drops any lower than 288.86.. the trigger will likely get pulled on two of them...
My brain is committed to two brand new carburetors...
I need some Devil's Advocate....
I like the looks of the non composite and don't see the necessity of it on a tunnel ram.. I actually want to get some 2in risers for them to make sure they stick out of the hood good and proud I need some advocate for that as well...
HELP I see the deep end and I'm about to go over.. lol...

You're looking at the wrong guy if you're looking for someone to tell you to just stick with 2bbls instead of 2 4bbls!
:popcorn:

Joking aside, personally, I am going with a pair of the AVS2 500cfm carbs. A 1904 and 1905. I want those annular boosters. Do the Demons have them? They aren't chrome, and my manifold is just the Offy low rise one so nobody will be able to see the shiny bits. I'd certainly love a TR sticking through the hood WITH shiny bits up there though. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
You neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddd!!!!!!!!!!
the chrome demons.......... along with the mandatory 3” spacers.

If the person in the car behind you can’t see the tops or your stacks sticking up over the roofline........ it’s absolutely not high enough?

Performance???
Are you kidding?? They’re CHROME!!!!

Oh come on j par, get a crowbar and pry your wallet out of your pocket. You know you want these, pull the trigger! It's only money. Your car will thank you for letting it have a matched set.

pickupthephone, pickupthephone, pickupthephone, pickupthephone...

You neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddd!!!!!!!!!!
the chrome demons.......... along with the mandatory 3” spacers.

If the person in the car behind you can’t see the tops or your stacks sticking up over the roofline........ it’s absolutely not high enough?

Performance???
Are you kidding?? They’re CHROME!!!!
Yuck

View attachment 1715435758 Have you thought about using a wood carb spacer? I have a 1” thick wood spacer made by AED. I used it to help keep the engine/manifold heat from getting to the carb, which I noticed it helped hot restarts tremendously.

in your case use it to raise the carbs so you can see them more! It’ll also pull double duty to keep that heat off of them.
The tunnel ram alone is probably enough to keep the heat off the carbs. And the hole in the hood to let the hot air escape.

View attachment 1715435750 As you can see my Edelbrock do not stick out of the hood per se...
I would never put a wing on the back of my car or anything goofy like that but it would be kind of cool to me at any rate to see the carburetors.. after all there is a tunnel ram under there... Just a thought..
I sure appreciate everybody's input and thoughts on this and keep them coming if you can..
The wing was a joke! As useless as the 2" carb spacers.
BUT, it's your car, and your wallet. Like I said before, make yourself happy! Who cares what anybody else thinks.

Whatever you do, I think we need to see some pictures!! Then we can tell you how stupid it looks!(joke)

-
Back