Late Christmas present

-

moparmandan

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Neighbor around the corner, an old hot rodder, is moving. Asked me if I could use one of these. Make me a good deal. Well, yeah! Going to get it delivered Monday. My back feels better already.
20191227_163345.jpeg

Nice! I’d love one of those.

If you've been laying on your back, with the car up on jack stands..….you will have to learn how to work all over again! I had to when I got my 4 post lift. I do a 360 around mine and check all 4 locks before I get under it. Enjoy! :)

If you've been laying on your back, with the car up on jack stands..….you will have to learn how to work all over again! I had to when I got my 4 post lift. I do a 360 around mine and check all 4 locks before I get under it. Enjoy! :)
I have my whole life. In the Florida sand when I was a kid. I'll even start doing my own oil changes again! It really is a game changer when you think about it. Thanks for the safety tip! Will definitely spend some time learning safe operation.

You might as well go on over to Northern Tool, and buy you a transmission jack and an oil change gizmo....lol. If your ceiling is less than 11 or 12 feet, mark the last notch that you can go to with a piece of masking tape. Just remember, you have to go up a few inches from where you lock it, to get it to come down. So leave yourself some room to do that. Also....don't forget that the radio antenna sticks up higher than the roof. Don't ask me how I know! LOL :BangHead:

You might as well go on over to Northern Tool, and buy you a transmission jack and an oil change gizmo....lol. If your ceiling is less than 11 or 12 feet, mark the last notch that you can go to with a piece of masking tape. Just remember, you have to go up a few inches from where you lock it, to get it to come down. So leave yourself some room to do that. Also....don't forget that the radio antenna sticks up higher than the roof. Don't ask me how I know! LOL :BangHead:
Let's see, my trusses are on 12' posts with a double 2x12 header in brackets on top of that, so around 13' ceiling. I'll have to do some measuring before I jack the car all the way up.
And yeah, the oil catcher is at the top of the list. If I can't find one used (maybe pawn shop?) that's the stuff I get from Harbor freight. 5 gal $60.

You've got plenty of head room for cars, but SUV's and pickups might be closer to the lights/ceiling. If nothing else, you could sit your catch pan on the jack tray to catch the oil, and then pour it into the empty jugs when you're done. Oil filters make the biggest mess.....just like they do on jack stands! You've got room to run now though! :)

I have no shop, my 2 post is outdoors. I have NEVER been sorry I spent that money!!

I have no shop, my 2 post is outdoors. I have NEVER been sorry I spent that money!!
One thing I have learned while I've been looking, is that they both have their advantages. And I figured I could live with either one. I would just jump on the first good deal that came along. Another thing I noticed is when someone gets one they have never said they regretted it. LOL

You've got plenty of head room for cars, but SUV's and pickups might be closer to the lights/ceiling. If nothing else, you could sit your catch pan on the jack tray to catch the oil, and then pour it into the empty jugs when you're done. Oil filters make the biggest mess.....just like they do on jack stands! You've got room to run now though! :)
Yes, definitely have to jack the light up in that bay!

A day late but it's home!
All loaded up. Rollback was the ticket. A bit of a challenge to load.
20191231_102628.jpeg

Unloading was waaay easier. You know, gravity and all.
20191231_124340.jpeg

Last edited:
So after looking it over and checking it online, it's your basic hobbyist level lift. But my gosh is nicer than anything I've ever had. Very grateful. Just sat down there and stared at the bottom of my car for about an hour. LOL Thinking about all the fun jobs I'm getting ready to do. Came with the Jack Pan and the drip pan, also.
Edit: Tuxedo brand umbrella. Several places buy them and rebrand them.

Last edited:
Sweet score! Give us reviews after a bit of use. Never heard of that make.
Have you lagged it down?
No I think I'm going to leave it free-standing. You can go either way but it came with the wheel kit so you can move it around! Review so far, it jacked my car up, LOL. I'll keep y'all posted as I use it more.

Last edited:
Guarantee you will never regret it!, Can totally relate to the staring at the car on the hoist, imagining what you can do, with relative ease, have done it myself plenty of times. Sometimes I just sit in the garage, looking at whichever vehicle is on the hoist, enjoying a few cold ones and thinking "why didn't I get this thing years ago?"

Awesome....you got it home! Buy one more light like the one you have, and mount one up against the rafters on each side of the lift. Might seem like overkill.....but you won't have dark spots that way. Grease the slides inside the posts, oil the rollers for the cables....and EVERY TIME you raise something up, be sure to check the locks to make sure they seated on the blocks before going under. Some people will tell you that you can move it with a car on it, when it's sitting on the wheel kit....but don't! I tried that with mine, and one of the caster wheels caught on a tiny rock laying in the floor....and I bent the piss out of that one caster frame! The 2 flat bars that catch the pegs on the post and push the posts up off the floor? That's what I bent. :BangHead: Congrats on getting it home. :)

-
Back