Laysons vs hookers

-

tmj91

member 10,000
Reaction score
Im in the VERY SLOW process of a /6 to v8 swap in my 64 Dart. Ive gotten to the point where I need to make a decision on which headers to run. I don't mind cutting a hole in the fender wells. Ive found the hookers 5208s seem to be a popular choice, but I found the Laysons shorty headers, that look like a copy of the spitfires. Which would you recommend? or is there another fenderwell option?

Laysons headers here :
http://www.laysons.com/Catalog.cfm?nCatID=2856&nModelID=5&nModelYear=1964

How much V8 are you swapping in? If you keep it around 300 hp, the Layson's Spitfire style would be fine, but Magnum manifolds will work just as well. If you are looking to make serious power, the Hookers are a better bet. Why not Doug's or TTI's?

I agree. For a mild build use the shorties or manifolds. For something a little more, TTi underchassis headers are definitely worth the money for early A bodies IMO.

I have a 64 Dart with fenderwell headers (forget the brand) and I wish I didn't have them on the car. One of these days I am going to talk them off and put manifolds back on. The car never gets above 3500 rpm. I have 2 1/2 inch dual aluminizied pipes runing to the rear. Way overkill for a stock 273. They will be coming off too and getting hung on the wall or sold.

-
Back