LBJ upper control arm question

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
So if your looking at a A-body upper control arm, sitting on a table at a swap meet, how can you tell if it is a LBJ or SBJ control arm? Is there a measurement across the flats of the ball joint to look for? WHat is it? Or is there another way? Thanks

So if your looking at a A-body upper control arm, sitting on a table at a swap meet, how can you tell if it is a LBJ or SBJ control arm? Is there a measurement across the flats of the ball joint to look for? WHat is it? Or is there another way? Thanks
The ball joint is bigger and the diameter is larger. Take an old SBJ control arm for comparison. The smaller ones are more prevalent, as the
big ones are usually 73 and up.

The ball joint is bigger and the diameter is larger. Take an old SBJ control arm for comparison. The smaller ones are more prevalent, as the
big ones are usually 73 and up.
No I'm aware of the difference but I'm not home to take a SBJ arm with me. I'm going to a swap meet and was trying to figure out if there was a way to tell by looking or a measurement I could use.

I just went out and measured the sockets, 1 3/4" small, 1 7/8" big. hope this helps

-
Back