Lca reinforcement plate draw

-

Danizanon

Reaction score
Anyone has a draw of this plates... actually as I leave in Brazil is very difficult to import and very expensive as well... so if someone has it I can draw it on autocad and send to cut on laser...
Thanks in advance

It's just a plate with a hole in it to access the torsion bar adjuster. Just trim it to fit the bottom of the lca

upload_2018-9-2_18-6-19.png

This ad claims they are 1/8 inch thick.

Since its very hard for you to import these - I would think that you could get very similar performance by cutting strips of 1/8" bar and welding them individually to the bottom of the LCA.

Additionally, if you find that the pivot point has some looseness in the front to rear direction on the car, you should drill out one side of the welds on the bumper mount and "pinch" it back together. It will get rid of suspension noises if you have any. I would also suggest you use some 1/8" bar in this case and put it at the very inboard side near the pivot to hold this area tightly.

I just finished making my own plates for my LCA's. I just used some 1/8ths inch scrap i had laying around, made some stencils out of thin cardboard, trimmed until i liked how they fit then transferred onto the metal strips. Pretty glad with how they turned out and easier than I expected

I just took a piece of 3" wide 1/8" flat stock and welded it to the bottom of the arm... It doesnt need to be as long or complex as the commercial one. If the arm was that weak it would fold at the first pothole...lol

-
Back