Lca rubber bumpers

-
Go up through the center of the control arm with a socket and extension

Then sometime in it's life your LCA got bashed in.
Then you gotta figure out a way to spread apart the two halves.
A port-a-power works, but i'm sure you don't have one of them in your toolbox.
I believe you are correct I have had suspicions because the right front fender is not the original so that means the lca is junk I do have access to a porta power but how would I ever know if it's right

I believe you are correct I have had suspicions because the right front fender is not the original so that means the lca is junk I do have access to a porta power but how would I ever know if it's right

It’s not that critical really. Just use the porta power and spread the control arm open to close to where it would be originally and roll on.

It’s not that critical really. Just use the porta power and spread the control arm open to close to where it would be originally and roll on.
That would work, but what if his ball joint stud area is bent out of whack too?

That would work, but what if his ball joint stud area is bent out of whack too?

Well that wouldn’t be the best scenario but if it’s been driven and isn’t wearing the tire and is aligned
should be good to go. I would agree that it would be
best case to replace it.

If that thing got wacked that hard, you'll Never get it quite rite..even a 1/4 outta wack can result in a funky alignment. May have high speed issues, or poor recovery in a turn. It's hard to say, I'm not a Master Tech. I DO know my ol Harley racing bikes FSM has a Blueprint for checking square, w/ measurements...
I'd just ditch it though

-
Back