LD4B how good and how rare what are they worth?

-

daves66valiant

68 Dart 340/727:66 Signet Vert 340/5spd: 68 D100
Reaction score
As title says. I’m curious how they compare to the new Eddy RPM and Airgap. What are they worth these days?

There's an old thread titled Getting the Intake on Intake Manifolds.
This thread contains a pretty thorough list of manifolds, with carb heights and also port sizes.
Without looking at that list, I think the LD4B has the smaller 273/318 ports. If you want the big ports, you want an LD340 manifold.
Hope this helps.
Murph

LD4B has the perfect size ports to match up to the stock 318 heads, no turbulence there. Plus they are dual plain, aluminum made by Edelbrock for mopar with mopar part numbers. Built for the square bore carbs like the Edelbrocks.

I grab them when I find them.

Great for the back in the day nostalgia people too, with great performance.

When I researched it the intake seemed to be the preferred one for LA small runner heads. I bought one from a member in Canada I think. I paid about $225+- and I had to have
the head mating surfaces machined to clean up some pitting.
The good for my build, don't use a spread bore pattern intake with a square bore carburetor, adaptors be damned. The small runners for my heads and the dual plane construction.
I powder coated it and installed it without issue on my 273 build and have been very happy with it-full disclosure it is a fairly mild build but does 6000 RPM easily.

It's an LD340 for the 318. That should tell you all you need to know.

Compares OK with the Air Gap/RPM. The port thing is a red herring. The manifold flat works well. Plenty have tested the 4b and a LD340 back to back and the difference is nill at the track.

Bad, no coil mounting bosses. Have to run a coil bracket similar to the 340-6 cars.

Values, usually 200+ for one in nice shape.

It's an LD340 for the 318. That should tell you all you need to know.
Oops, think you ment LD4B for the 318 small port heads.

LD340 is the large port manifold for the large port 340/360s.

Like the LD340s for the 360s, but are they ever getting expensive if you can even find them anymore. Cool if you want to go old school too.

Sorry Rob.
LD4B for 318. Like George Jets said.

Read what I wrote. I said it's an LD340 FOR THE 318. In other words, it's real close to the LD340 but FOR THE 318. It has 318 sized ports, so it's FOR THE 318. It's designed SIMILAR TO the LD340, but made FOR THE 318. Which is what I said. Thank you drive through. ;)

Oops, think you ment LD4B for the 318 small port heads.

LD340 is the large port manifold for the large port 340/360s.

Like the LD340s for the 360s, but are they ever getting expensive if you can even find them anymore. Cool if you want to go old school too.

There was no oops. It's the 318's LD340. I said it like that on purpose so people would know that it is JUST AS GOOD FOR A 318 as the LD340 is for the 340/360. Get it?

There was no oops. It's the 318's LD340. I said it like that on purpose so people would know that it is JUST AS GOOD FOR A 318 as the LD340 is for the 340/360. Get it?
I get it, but every LD340 I have seen is the large port manifold, bolt them on to a 318 small port head engine and you get a lot of turbulence when the port flow of the large port manifold hits the square edge of the smaller 318 head port.

All about port velocity and smooth port flow to make those 318s run like the wind.

I get it, but every LD340 I have seen is the large port manifold, bolt them on to a 318 small port head engine and you get a lot of turbulence when the port flow of the large port manifold hits the square edge of the smaller 318 head port.

All about port velocity and smooth port flow to make those 318s run like the wind.

Well duhh. That's why I said it's an LD340 for the 318.

Read what I wrote. I said it's an LD340 FOR THE 318. In other words, it's real close to the LD340 but FOR THE 318. It has 318 sized ports, so it's FOR THE 318. It's designed SIMILAR TO the LD340, but made FOR THE 318. Which is what I said. Thank you drive through. ;)
You are absolutely correct! And I'm an idiot! ;)

If you look closely the ld340 is ported a little different on a couple of the rearward ports works the same though.

If you look closely the ld340 is ported a little different on a couple of the rearward ports works the same though.

AND if I remember correctly, the two front ports are reversed from each other from one intake to the other....but they are still very similar.

-
Back