Leaf springs

-

Joel Chapman

Reaction score
Looking to replace the leaf springs on my 71 swinger. Not looking for anything crazy performance wise, but also may upgrade to a 383 engine later so if that plays into anything. Where is y’alls go to place? So far only place I’ve found some was classic industries and they want 450ish. Thank you in advance for the info!

for basic springs go with espo Buy Quality Automotive Leaf Springs, Coil Springs and Suspension Parts for your Classic or Antique Auto . give them a call. not everything is on their web site. great product and awesome customer service. you can go stock height,+1" or +2". i also think they offer -1" too now but not 100% sure. buy the 6 leaf ones not the 5 leaf. also get them for a V8 with the larger spring eye bolt. you just drill your mount to fit the larger bolt if you don't already have it.

i went eaton on our dart. quite a bit more expensive but i know exactly what the spring rate and all is. bought them through Home - Bergman Auto Craft - Home of Quality Muscle Car Parts . you would have to call them to order too..

Last edited:
I agree ESPO great to deal with and great prices. And I would go with 6 leaf. And don't forget to look at your torsion bars if you are going to add the big block weight

I used Eaton Detroit Spring Inc. They've been making springs for over 80 years and the quality is top shelf. They have the original factory blueprints to build from. I live 1 1/2 hours away so I drove over to get them. Shipping would be pricey otherwise.

I had not heard of ESPO a year ago when I
bought springs from General. I paid $299 for firmer stock ride height " 383" units.

-
Back