Leaks like a screen door on a submarine

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
The 74 Scamp with the newly replaced roof, finally got the top door glass seals back on yesterday, and washed it. Water everywhere. This morning I carefully sprayed the truck lid seam while attempting to keep the back window dry. Seems to be dry inside.

Then sprayed the back window. Yeh. It leaks. The side glass probably leaks both at the body seal at top and the seam betwixt the quarter and side glass

Windshield? Like a firehose it leaks. Some of it may be side glass, and "I can't tell" if it's from the cowl. This car has no cowl vents and there's a bunch of black sealer up in the corner / side where the cowl bottom joins the bodywork. Since the dash/ AC /etc is all in there it might be hard to tell

Also the windshield gasket on the pass side is oddly "folded in down near the dash for 2-3 inches.

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. How best to approach this outfit? I had done a good job of cleaning up the old glass (old sealer) and provided them with new gaskets.

I cannot go any further to get the car together until this is fixed

On a side note I think I'm pretty happy with the roof replacement and paint which was a repair, not a complete paint job

IMG_2932cs.JPG

Sorry I disagree. Not all of them leak. The gold A I junked out was tight as a drum, and had been outside for decades. We get a fair amount of rain--and snow--here. Many of them "drip" through the vent windows, etc, but we are talking about a RIVER here.

I just went out and sprayed the hell out of the cowl slots, and canted the nozzle to force water to both sides. Near a minute, I'd guess. There was GALLONS of water in the cowl. NADA. Not a drip

Sprayed the windshield WATER WAS LEAKING FROM THE MIDDLE OF THE DASH running down the side of the tunnel

Sorry I disagree. Not all of them leak. The gold A I junked out was tight as a drum, and had been outside for decades. We get a fair amount of rain--and snow--here. Many of them "drip" through the vent windows, etc, but we are talking about a RIVER here.

I just went out and sprayed the hell out of the cowl slots, and canted the nozzle to force water to both sides. Near a minute, I'd guess. There was GALLONS of water in the cowl. NADA. Not a drip

Sprayed the windshield WATER WAS LEAKING FROM THE MIDDLE OF THE DASH running down the side of the tunnel
Nothing worse than a rubber that leaks!!:poke:

As risky as it may be, pull glass and re-install. There should be a flexible sealant on the pinchweld to rubber area. To some people rubber set glass is like black magic and should be left to the professionals. Its not. Im sure there are some tutorials out there.

I'll have to look. It was from one of the recommended suppliers on here

Sometimes you just have to use sealer on some of them.

There's a ton of sealer. Sticky goopy stuff. Not sure it's where it needs to be LOL If I wanted the SOB to leak I could have installed them

-
Back