Leasing a vehicle?

-
A big thing with a Lease is you only pay tax on the amount of wear you use. Not upfront on the total value of a new car. If you want to drive a new car and trade it every couple years, then the lease is for you. NOT for me, I have had several leases....AND do not drive very far......

A big thing with a Lease is you only pay tax on the amount of wear you use. Not upfront on the total value of a new car. If you want to drive a new car and trade it every couple years, then the lease is for you. NOT for me, I have had several leases....AND do not drive very far......
Somebody's paying the taxes. Believe me, that cost is getting transferred to you whether you know it or not.

You bring up a good point .
On a lease you only pay tax on the payment. On a purchase you pay it on the net price after trade. So if you are buying a 50k car and live in a state with 8% tax why would you want to give $4000 to your state to hold when you could be investing it .?

That is also why states like Texas ( iirc) dont allow leases . They want their money now ! You can however do a "smart purchase " which is a lease that is not called a lease but you pay tax upfront.

You bring up a good point .
On a lease you only pay tax on the payment. On a purchase you pay it on the net price after trade. So if you are buying a 50k car and live in a state with 8% tax why would you want to give $4000 to your state to hold when you could be investing it .?

That is also why states like Texas ( iirc) dont allow leases . They want their money now ! You can however do a "smart purchase " which is a lease that is not called a lease but you pay tax upfront.
Net AFTER trade? In California Tax is due on the total selling price.

Leasing a vehicle? I wouldn't.

5580464-wooden-shoe-klomp-traditional-dutch-footwear-for-farmers-isolated-on-white-background.jpg

-
Back