LED Dash bulbs

-
When I was building my 66 one of the members here (slantsixdan) talked about these 2886X dash bulbs and that's what he recommended so I tried them and he was right they worked great. As far as running hotter, they have been in my 66 for about 8 years or so and still just as bright as the day I put them in and no issues with that old instrument cluster. My 68 will be a while before I can see how bright they are in it.
Bob

I ordered some LEDS and I am ready to install them. With respect to polarity, If using them for "idiot lights", how do you know they are working? In other words, I can easily see the turn signals, dash illumination lights, but what about the oil pressure gauge. I have a separate mechanical gauge as well but sometimes we are idiots!

I ordered some LEDS and I am ready to install them. With respect to polarity, If using them for "idiot lights", how do you know they are working? In other words, I can easily see the turn signals, dash illumination lights, but what about the oil pressure gauge. I have a separate mechanical gauge as well but sometimes we are idiots!

Interesting question. The easy way is to go back to 194s for the warning lights. Not much point in LEDs there anyway.

Other than that, you would likely need to go under the hood and ground the sender wire to see if they come on.

-
Back