LED Headlights

-

edwardo

Reaction score
i have a 1966 Dodge Dart GT convertible. i want to change to front headlights to LED.it has a duel hi/lo headlight. has anyone out there done this and do i need a decoder to prevent the flicker effect. if you have done it ,please let me know the make and model.

There's a mountain of unsafe garbage in the automotive lighting aftermarket, but there are also some very good products. "LED bulbs" for halogen headlamps are a total nonstarter, but the situation is pretty rosy for cars with sealed beams…like all A-bodies.

By a big, big margin the king daddy of them all is the JW Speaker 8700 Evolution-2 in black or chrome. They are also available with a heated lens.

The Peterson 701C (in Peterson or Sylvania Zevo packaging -- same lamp) is pretty good. The Truck-Lite unit is pretty good, also available with heated lens.

And down from there is a whole lot of knockoff/fraudulent/counterfeit junk; don't buy.

(All these recommendable LED sealed beams I've linked are made in America!)

Get heated lenses if you do a lot of wintertime driving with heavy snow and slush; without a lens heater the LED headlamp lenses run cold so snow and ice can build up on them instead of melting off like they do from a warm halogen lamp.

Very important to make sure the lamps (new or old, LED or not) are properly aimed.

Last edited:
-
Back