• Cool

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Dumb

Votes: 109 95.6%

• Total voters
-

charger426

Reaction score
Thinking about adding a LED light bar to my Dart. Dumb or cool?

Attachments

• IMG_3386.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 636
  • IMG_3387.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 627
It could be cool but not in its current iteration. Needs more fit and finish, it looks like it's just stuck on there as an after thought.

That's kinda what I'm thinking too. I wanted to put 2 flanking the tag light but couldn't find any that fit and I could mount there.

Few people I went to school with had them on their eclipses. I never thought they looked good.

JMO, but kinda looks one of the fluorescent light fixtures in your garage fell off the ceiling and got stuck under your car.
Again, just me, but I wouldn't do it.

Gross in my opinion, I even hate them on trucks (unless they actually use them off roading) other than that... it's a fad-

But with that being said, your car... do what you want and makes ya happy bud! Our cars are only as unique as we are. =)

Kinda agreeing with you guys. I'm thinking if I can find a pair that can fit in the spaces beside the tag it would look A LOT better. Well trying to send this one back if not my buddy wants it for his jeep.

The only way that could be more stupid is if you cut a hole in the roof and jammed it in vertically.

Ahh i knew someone would be a dick about this....congrats on being that person lol

No need for that. I didn't insult YOU. I said the light was stupid lookin and it is. No need for personal insults.

Now that that is out of the way, it would look MUCH better if somehow you could find a flexible LED and make it follow the contour of the bottom of the front valance. Otherwise, I stick by it. It will look stupid as all heck.

It's your car.

No need for that. I didn't insult YOU. I said the light was stupid lookin and it is. No need for personal insults.

Now that that is out of the way, it would look MUCH better if somehow you could find a flexible LED and make it follow the contour of the bottom of the front valance. Otherwise, I stick by it. It will look stupid as all heck.

It's your car.

Sounded like a personal insult to me so thats how I took it. Now that we are on the same page with that.... I thought I was going to be able to tuck the bar under the car a little tighter there wouldn't be these huge gaps on the sides. I think I will be able to find one that will fit behind the grill. Might not put out as much light since it will be going through the grill but it will be there to look cool and be kind stealth looking.

Sounded like a personal insult to me so thats how I took it. Now that we are on the same page with that.... I thought I was going to be able to tuck the bar under the car a little tighter there wouldn't be these huge gaps on the sides. I think I will be able to find one that will fit behind the grill. Might not put out as much light since it will be going through the grill but it will be there to look cool and be kind stealth looking.

Then you should re-read it. Multiple times if necessary. Comprehension is key.

Then you should re-read it. Multiple times if necessary. Comprehension is key.

Tone is also important when communicating. There are different ways to say the same thing as to not come off as a D. But back to the topic at hand :)

Tone is also important when communicating. There are different ways to say the same thing as to not come off as a D. But back to the topic at hand :)

Positive perception also goes a long way.

Just wondering, what is the purpose of the light bar up there? If you need light, can't you just turn on your headlights? I don't see a situation where you would need THAT much light up there... But if it's just for looks, and you like it.. go for it.

So its two fold, one is more light and to be honest more so for looks. I personally really like LED lighting and have been wanting to find a use for these new LED light bars that are starting to become affordable for a normal person.

Might work if you are entering a Baja race, other wise it looks tacky and out of place, even behind the grille.

Positive perception also goes a long way.

Yea Rob, he asked if it looked dumb not stupid. :D

If we passed each other in our Mopars going opposite directions I would'nt even wave.
That's how "dumb" it looks in my opinion.

Sorry if that offends, but you did ask. :)

I'm under 30 and don't like it... not in it's current position anyway. if you were able to hide it that'd be sweet, because I'm with you on the visibility, around here I spend a lot of time in the stix, and honestly even with the brights on these old mopars kind of lack in the visibility department. so if I saw your car, walked up to it, and saw an led pack tucked behind the grille or something I'd think it was pretty cool, but I'm not a fan of how people just slap them on there vehicles.

-
Back