Lee Iacocca passes

-
Genius I would say. He perhaps single handedly saved the Chrysler Corporation from yet another bailout after the Carter administration in 78. He had true vision with the K car. Say what you will about that line, but it saved Chrysler's butt.

Genius I would say. He perhaps single handedly saved the Chrysler Corporation from yet another bailout after the Carter administration in 78. He had true vision with the K car. Say what you will about that line, but it saved Chrysler's butt.
And the mini van. 94 years old.

I really admired this man. I read just about anything I could find on him including his autobiography. He was also the father of the Mustang. Funny what his opinion was of Edsel Ford. Said he was as dumb a person as his daddy was smart. He fought Iacocca on the release of the Mustang. Said there was no market for such a car!

That's a hurdle.
Lee has crossed the finish line.
He's made the high jump.

NateLeePhillips9 hours ago
Lee Iacocca, the father of the K Car (Plymouth Reliant) after which this song and band are named, has died at 94. RIP Lee!

photo.jpg
duke duckett
7 years ago
whoot i have both an 85 and an 86. love that not only is there a song but a band named after them.

photo.jpg
ChainsawChuck13
7 years ago
Always had a soft spot for K-cars... I love this song.

photo.jpg
SpyroTDragon
8 years ago
The K Car rules. I have mine.

photo.jpg
1991FordLTD
8 years ago
I grew up riding around in a K-car, a 1986 Reliant wagon with the 2.2 liter. Good car.

photo.jpg

Spent quite a bit of time riding shotgun in a K car as a teenager. We made fun of them but it hauled our arses and a buttload of beer around. Standard too, not sure if 3 or 4 spd Thing was a tank lol
RIP Lee.

RIP to a true visionary and one of my automotive heroes. While my first love is Mopar, Mustangs are 1(b). Owned a 5.0 LX Coupe for 7 years, loads of fun, wish I still had it sometimes. And I will never forget the ride I had as an 8 year old in a 69 Mach 1, 428 4 speed. Told my dad after I would own a car like that one day.

I really admired this man. I read just about anything I could find on him including his autobiography. He was also the father of the Mustang. Funny what his opinion was of Edsel Ford. Said he was as dumb a person as his daddy was smart. He fought Iacocca on the release of the Mustang. Said there was no market for such a car!
He said when fired from Ford that he would not waste energy being mad because he needed it to get even. He did!

As I understand, he gave Shelby his start. Definitely one of the greatest car guys of our time.

-
Back