Left a Block of Cheddar Cheese on the KItchen Counter All Day

-
I have left meat out thawing overnight. Freaks my wife out until I remind her that I let my deer hang for a week or two (weather permitting) and that tastes just fine!!!!!

I usually just scrape the thin white coating off. It is, after all, going to be shortly entering an acid bath at over 100*F. And all kinds of other chemicals are gonna come down on it. It can't hurt you until it hits the intestines, and then only if you have a bleeding ulcer. I pray over it just to be safe, cuz you know, dominion and all..

I've hauled millions of pounds of cheese over the years. Moldy or not it all gets used...some fresh, some gets trimmed and is dried and used it other food products or pet foods. Eat it it's good for you.

Ask any college kid who's left pizza on the counter and snacked on it all weekend.
I used to do that too, but at age 65, I'm starting to see the finish line, so tend to be a lil more um, conservative,lol. But it might be in the fridge a few days, or a week, before I get back to it. My wife hates me doing that tho, so sometimes she scarfs mychit down,lol.So far it's only hurting her waistline...............

People are often on one side or the other on this topic.
I grew up with parents that did not worry about stuff like this. We climbed trees, rode bikes, jumped them over garbage cans, etc...Food was left in the pan on the stove overnight and we picked from it the next morning. Nobody got sick from it. As kids, we rarely got sick anyway.
The Wife?
Maybe because her parents had a bit more money, they were a bit more careful in the upbringing. Her parents were more cautious about everything.
Today, I work construction and figure that with as much dirt and sawdust that I eat every day, a little fuzz on food will not hurt. I rarely get colds. Not sure if that is due to a strong immunity build-up from my upbringing or genetics. Regardless, I continue to eat food that has been left out.

I just finished an installation of equipment in a plant that processes the non-human-edible parts of chickens into dog food meal. Even the work trailer smells now.....

Eat that cheese with abandon and be glad you are not a dog LOL

Ask any college kid who's left pizza on the counter and snacked on it all weekend.
This was a weekend in the oven

20181107_155539.jpg

You should have your house tested for mold. That shouldn’t happen that extensively in just a couple days.
I checked the date stamp on the picture, and since I remember the occasion, I could calculate it was acutely about 2 weeks

So please tell us that this was in the old oven out behind the shed... not the one in your kitchen!

-
Back