left hand lug nuts

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What year did they stop using left handed threads and what side are they on.

Left side of car, left hand thread. Right side of car, right hand thread. I think it was '73???? Not sure, I've never owned a car that did not have it.

70s is the last year....71 had all right hand lugs....even on the left side..

Thank you folks, We have a new member that is new to mopar and is asking about changing wheels and I need to give him a heads up so he don't twist his lug bolts in half:-D

Mike, the driver's side was left hand thread and the passenger's side was right hand thread until 1973. 1972 was the last year MaMopar used this arrangement.

Mike, the driver's side was left hand thread and the passenger's side was right hand thread until 1973. 1972 was the last year MaMopar used this arrangement.

Thank you David and glad to see you on tonight, Did the boys catch any fish.
on your day away.

The catch of the day was a crawdad. At least they got some good cast and retrieve practice. Didn't really expect them to catch anything in that lake. Next trip we are going to a good bluegill hole and have some real fun.

The catch of the day was a crawdad. At least they got some good cast and retrieve practice. Didn't really expect them to catch anything in that lake. Next trip we are going to a good bluegill hole and have some real fun.
That was a good idea to get some rod and reel time in before you take them to the fishing hole, Have a good one when you go. and thank you for the info I needed for a new member :-D

there is a L stamped in the middle of the stud and they stopped using them in 73 unless you got small bolt pattern,I had a 74 that still had small bolt pattern and lefties

my 71 dart with small bolt pattern had all right lugs on it.

Thats freaky because when I took the wheels off of my 66 fish and sold them I sent the lugs with them and they are all right handed? Right hand lugs, different grill insert, I am beginning to think my car is from mars!

It is not from Mars. A lot of people including myself has been changing these left hand thread over since forever. They were more than likely changed over a long time ago. And I knew I was right on the year they changed this too. Damn it. I thought I lost my mind when someone piped in with 1970??? I alway's knew it was '73. That is when they changed over to large bolt pattern. For the most part. I guess there still was some /6 cars that were not.

Thats freaky because when I took the wheels off of my 66 fish and sold them I sent the lugs with them and they are all right handed? Right hand lugs, different grill insert, I am beginning to think my car is from mars!
LMAO Vic :toothy10: Your grill is the correct insert and some one has changed out your lugs already to all right hand :-D Something you will not have to do. mars :toothy10::toothy10:

Ok, not Mars and it wouldn;t be right if I ended up with anything normal! After all, how many of us use Cabo Wabo for Margaritas eh Memike?!

-
Back