LEGAL ADVISE

-

cawley

383 Bcuda
Reaction score
Is there anyone that can or would be willing to give legal advise ? Please PM me Thank you

i believe @jimharvard is some sort of lawyer

whether or not he is willing to give free legal advice is another question of course

@CudaChick1968 might be willing.

To give advice I mean.

LOL

laugh.gif

lol you guys kill me i mean that in a good way its about the barracuda i did body & paint on the guy thought it was nice, handed me the money he owed me & left. Now its junk & he wants some of his money back. It has to be all done over from the paint, all the rubber seals, panel fitment & headliner He said he would give me a bad name if i dont. O & he trailered it home from PA. to NC on an open trailer.

I’d assume he sent pics of the problem areas. Also he inspected the car before he left with it. Then gave you money. There legal advice. Wait for his lawsuit or he is just trying to see if he can scare you into coughing up money.

Thanks for the vote of confidence there Rob but I can't give anybody legal advice as I am not an attorney and never was. I used to be a paralegal but it's not the same thing.

....and here I thought you were a willin gal. dangit.

lol you guys kill me i mean that in a good way its about the barracuda i did body & paint on the guy thought it was nice, handed me the money he owed me & left. Now its junk & he wants some of his money back. It has to be all done over from the paint, all the rubber seals, panel fitment & headliner He said he would give me a bad name if i dont. O & he trailered it home from PA. to NC on an open trailer.

Tell him to go get intercoursed.

Caveat emptor

If you didn't lie or misrepresent anything he hasn't got a leg to stand on, and if he does start a slander campaign that can be taken to court

Caveat emptor

If you didn't lie or misrepresent anything he hasn't got a leg to stand on, and if he does start a slander campaign that can be taken to court

Naw old school it. Just go beat his ***.

I’d assume he sent pics of the problem areas. Also he inspected the car before he left with it. Then gave you money. There legal advice. Wait for his lawsuit or he is just trying to see if he can scare you into coughing up money.
yea him and his wife looked it over

That is your legal advise?

Let me know if you ever run for office, you got my vote

Hell yeah that's my advice. The world would be a whole lot better if people worked out among themselves, instead of all these frivolous law suits. Not saying this would be frivolous, but IMO in the shape the world is in today, we got LOTS more important stuff to keep the system clogged with instead of some asshole trying to get a paint job for nuthin. We all know what a good job he did. We've seen the pictures. Although it wasn't my cup of tea, it was super cool old school hot roddery and the execution was quite good. I couldn't imagine paintin all them damned stripes like that.

Are you a legit biz with a Tax ID? And if so if there any type of written documentation as to the scope of the work being done? And was there a final sales receipt of the work done with a signature?

JW

....and here I thought you were a willin gal. dangit.

That only happens when they intercourse with me directly (as you know from FaceBook yesterday). Knowing what to do and how to word it to get proper attention and the result you want came with the territory of my prior career.

I have hired quite a few lawyers and I have found they are exactly the same as an outhouse-only use them in dire emergency and you have to wipe up the mess yourself. Perry Mason was very good entertainment and definitely a”fictional character”!!

yea him and his wife looked it over
This right here is your victory statement and the question your future lawyer should ask. If they liked the job on there inspection, then it’s there’s. If they found something they didn’t like, that is there fault. What they should have done was later bring it up and negotiated something with you even if it was for a small fee to fix/adjust/repaint a missed spot.

Bringing a car home on an open trailer is there own choice with the consequences be their own. They could have brought the car home in an enclosed trailer like it should’ve been.

I’d first remind them that they themselves OK’d the work and then trailered it home on an open carrier. If they complain saying, “Well we only seen it inside in the ill lighted garage. We didn’t notice it in the I’ll light.”
I’d again remind them that was there choice and didn’t complain then about the lighting and could have ether used a flash light or looked again in the outside light. And then remind them that they OK’d the job and happily paid. Then also remind them of THERE FOOLISH choice to bring it home on an open trailer.

I’d tell them slander away at your own risk.

-
Back