Legendary Interior Problems

-

Dana67Dart

The parts you don't add don't cause you no trouble
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if legendary is having issues.

I purchased a convertible weatherstrip kit and a well liner. Nothing on the site said delay or back order. A bit later I got an email saying that the products are made to order.

I contacted them and the response was we are at the mercy of our venders.

I asked if they could ship the weatherstrip kit seperate and I got the same answer.

Their claim is that the vender has to make the parts. The well liner I could understand but the weatherstrip, not so much.

Anyone have a good contact who can get things done at legendary?

I know most of their stuff is made to order. I have waited well over a month on door panels before. In the end its worth the wait.

my brite blue b5 interior was made to order///it was worth the wait !!!!!!!!!!!

2018-04-16 s-10parts 011.JPG

2018-04-16 s-10parts 013.JPG

905307-848a769c9ce87a9995244d0871652a08.jpg

905318-f0f5ce5bc0aade15dcaaedb7640070bf.jpg

I bought Well Liner that classic sells and all the snaps were attached to the plastic strip like the OEM unit. It looks good but right now my OEM unit is at the upholstery shop so I can not compare the fabric. She was able to get fabric that matched the OEM unit but couldn't get the plastic strip with snaps (wish I had made a bunch of strips while I had access to the proper tools) OH well!

The weatherstrip kit is OK but it doesn't give me warm and fuzzies.

That is why I wanted to try another kit ( legendary says their kit is not made by Steele like the classic ind kit is)

I think we need an "Unboxing" forum on FABO so when people get parts they can video the unboxing and compare to OEM parts and describe the quality of the parts, fit etc. would save us all a bunch of grief.

If I have time I will do a comparison of the two well liners and weatherstrip kits assuming legendary comes through before the top gets put on and i'm forced to use the weatherstrip kit I have.

AGREE maybe the repop people will listen///some do engine guys/AMD but the small stuff to....
I gave legendary a heads up on my top back seat.....there should be more material at the bottom of the seat because the factory fold down option seat is a little thicker than the standard seat back and you can see the webbing . alittle.
no response

My head liner was heavier than factory..... a plus it stayed tighter / minus it took quite a bit to relax and work the wrinkles out
897204-2df10a80b7f61a766aad66d048f4b85c.jpg
897212-9b5e8dff7b0bf3fcf1606931a9488c9d.jpg

I'll pay a little more for quality//I think legendary s seams were better sewn and the welting /piping were strong/fitment around the frame was better

Last edited:
I bought Well Liner that classic sells and all the snaps were attached to the plastic strip like the OEM unit. It looks good but right now my OEM unit is at the upholstery shop so I can not compare the fabric. She was able to get fabric that matched the OEM unit but couldn't get the plastic strip with snaps (wish I had made a bunch of strips while I had access to the proper tools) OH well!

The weatherstrip kit is OK but it doesn't give me warm and fuzzies.

That is why I wanted to try another kit ( legendary says their kit is not made by Steele like the classic ind kit is)

I think we need an "Unboxing" forum on FABO so when people get parts they can video the unboxing and compare to OEM parts and describe the quality of the parts, fit etc. would save us all a bunch of grief.

If I have time I will do a comparison of the two well liners and weatherstrip kits assuming legendary comes through before the top gets put on and i'm forced to use the weatherstrip kit I have.
EVERY week is Christmas ????!!! Buy Stock in delivery companies, you tube EVERYTHING.
sponsered reveiws!!!

I'M IN

Update...

Well after threatening to cancel the order and share my bad experience on the forums, I have a tracking number.

I bring my dart to the top shop Saturday, and the parts delivery is scheduled for Monday, great!

I ordered and paid 12-11-19 it is now 1-17-20. I just hope the wait will be worth it.

Worst part is now the Classic Ind parts I bought I can't return if the legendary parts are better.

I don't think I will be buying from them again.

capitalism and customer service will always rule

Every manufacturer has the same end of the year issues that curtail production... holidays and inventory. My wife for example is a production worker. Her company sent all the temp workers home and moved her to shipping dept' for 4 weeks. "Get everything you can boxed and out the door then count what remains". That's the real world friend.
Should someone at Legendary spend their time explaining these factors to you?
You believe your threat static made a difference. I believe orders go out in pretty much same order as received. Duplicate orders would be ran together. A few long standing repeating customers like Johns/Bills/Bobs Upholstery Shops might have got a bump but they probably didn't ask. They deal with the same end of the year issues so they understand, need no explanation.

Problem I have is the items I ordered were supposed to be in stock, ie pull it from the shelf, put it in a box and ship it. Only after they accepted my money did they tell me that "some items are produced to order", the well liner I can understand, but the rubber seal kit (I call BS), I contacted them several times asking to have the seal kit sent by itself, some reason they couldn't do that.

I understand about manufacturing and plant shut downs etc, worked in manufacturing for 7 years. But they should have a small inventory of everything that sell, especially if it is manufactured by another company.

That's my opinion on the subject. Others are welcome to theirs.

I happen to work in a small company that specializes in a different car brand. I have to agree with much of what RedFish has said. I also know the headaches of trying to keep a certain amount of inventory in stock. Keeping ten of everything you sell on the shelf is not feasible in a lot of small to medium companies.

One day you have 3 sets of 69 interior on the shelf. You think time to get more done is in order so you don’t get caught shy. Next day a school wants a set and the following day a big shop in the Midwest wants three. Now you are in the hole one and it takes two weeks for your supplier to run your parts. People in our business don’t necessarily have bottomless wallets to finance inventory. We do try very hard to get the parts to people as fast as we can because we love seeing people get there cars together.

Our feed company ran out of 95% of their feed the end of Dec. They would have to pay inventory tax on it if there. So they are out of feed basically the first week of Jan! Go figure.
Changing feed is a big no no with much livestock.
Try to find anyone open for business between Christmas and New Years, except WallyWorld, gas stations.

I rcvd the well liner and seal kit. The quality is marginally better then the same parts sold by Classic Ind.

I'm going to post a comparison post in a few.

What a classy company Classic Ind is.

I bought the parts from them in late November and early Dec and I just got off the phone and even though their return policy is 30 days are going to return the parts.

Great and friendly customer service!

-
Back