Let us not forget the importance of this day. Veterans Day

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
My dad was a war time veteran of World war II. He fought in the Aleutians to re take the Island of Attu from the Japanese in May of1943. Attu and Kiska were the only American lands that were held for a while by anyone other than Americans. Rip Dad.9/13/1924 to 1/7/2010.
Thanks to all past and current Military for serving our great country.

To all that I am proud to call my brothers and sisters. To those that have done way more than I. To my step dad who was a medic during the Korean war and just passed a month ago.
Thank you.

I also tip my hat to all who served and sacrificed. Personally, I actually dont know anyone who served or currently serves, but I am thankful for those who did. Images like the opening scenes of "Saving Private Ryan" are a somber reminder of those who "got the job done" no matter the risks or consequences.
I'm not sure if the wearing of Poppies is just a Canadian thing but I am sitting here in Cancun wearing my Poppy to show my respect. I'm the only guy I 've seen here with a Poppy on and damn proud of it.
20171111_145653.jpg

I'm not sure if the wearing of Poppies is just a Canadian thing but I am sitting here in Cancun wearing my Poppy to show my respect. I'm the only guy I 've seen here with a Poppy on and damn proud of it.
View attachment 1715109740
In the US the poppy is worn more on Memorial Day, a seperate holiday in May specifically for honoring those who died in service. Our November 11th holiday, Veterans Day, is more of an appreciation for all war and peace time veterans living or passed.

A big thank you to every serviceman that served our country.

MY dad served 20 odd years in the USMC aviation. WW11 and Korea. It took a great tool on him. HE talked about it to me a total of twice. For all the time spent on a plane, after he got home, he could never set foot on another. RIP dad.

Here’s to my father and father -in-law! They are both vets and both are now gone. My dad was in the USAF for 16 years and my FIL was in the Army two (?) years and served in the Korean War.

My FIL relived his war time while he was out of his mind on the wrong medication. So sad to see him suffer so much. He carried a heavy burden his whole life because of that. The USAF medically retired my dad after they screwed his brain up and his legs (unadmitted likely exposure to hydrazine). I salute you both as well as all my other brothers and sisters in arms!!!

A big thank you to every serviceman that served our country.

MY dad served 20 odd years in the USMC aviation. WW11 and Korea. It took a great tool on him. HE talked about it to me a total of twice. For all the time spent on a plane, after he got home, he could never set foot on another. RIP dad.
There are things that are talked about and some that aren't. I have friends that when they talk, I listen. I'm not sure I can explain it. In fact I know I can't, I just tried. Just know that if a veteran lets you have some insight, it's a trust.

My Dad showing off his shadow box and his brick at the Veterans building here. He was in the Navy for 6 years shortly after Korea. RIP Dad.
10474898_10201784056317680_2471294965683622560_n.jpg

-
Back