Let's crush Vipers!

-
I was in the Chrysler Automotive Program and my buddy was in the Ford equivalent. Pretty much run of the mill for the big 3. During my time in the Chrysler Automotive program, I talked to my teacher about the Viper program and the, at the time, current gen Viper. My teacher told me that once Chrysler said the cars time had come, it would go to the crusher. Surely its fate was met when the new Viper was released. My buddy in the Ford program actually was hands on with a one of 28 Ford Shelby Mustang, he said it was slated for the crusher at the years end by orders of FoMoCo.

Stupid, but that's how it goes. This car will surely meet its maker, I see Chrysler not giving an inch.

Besides, it may put Tony out of work for these kids to like some muscle in their cars.:toothy10:

Our college had a couple of prototype Corvettes that were donated by GM. One day our dean had to meet with some guys at GM and drove the car there. They yelled at him for driving the car there and told him never to take it out on the streets again.

My son went to UTI up here. They have some hot rod import car in their ads and on display at open houses that they use to attract new students. My son said that they NEVER LET THE STUDENTS TOUCH IT. It is just to attract new kids.

Also, most/all prototype cars have to be crushed. If they drilled any holes for testing various parts, that could affect the structural integrity of the car. If that is sold to the public and then someone gets injured, the automotive company can be held responsible. That's our f*cked up judicial system. Like if a thief falls through a sky light in the roof of a house and lands on a knife in the kitchen, then sues the owners for his injuries and wins, despite the fact that he was trespassing and breaking and entering with no business being there in the first place. When ironically if the home owner was home at the time the thief was in the house and shot him on sight, it would have been a legal killing in the name of protecting your home....

So they destroy all prototypes so they can't be sued if anything happens. Now days people do not take responsibility for their own actions and want to blame/sue someone else for it even though it is their fault and they know it.... What a shame....

Sounds like wasting our tax dollars that bailed them out...

EDIT: except Ford.

I thought they were just prototypes that are getting squashed? And they are on loan to where ever they are sitting?

The story I read online was that the cars were on load to schools, tech centers, etc from Chrysler and a couple of them were either sold by the institutions or road driving by the institutions and were involved in accidents. The accidents cost Chrysler a boat load of $$ in legal fees and settlements… They then pulled the plug on the program and ordered all of the vipers in this "loaned out" program to be crushed…. once takes one bad apple to ruin the whole cart.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdp8auBPGp0"]Dodge Viper destroyed # 1 - YouTube[/ame]
[ame]http://youtu.be/WWVPon6YxH0[/ame]

Yeah, they said '92's...but they are GTS pre-production. So probably put together in late-'95, or early-'96.

You know how the media these days has so much integrity. "Fact check, unbiased? What's that..?"

-
Back