Let's help Tyler get his late dad's car/ Touching story

-

340john

Reaction score
I put this post up a few days ago and got a good response and an unexpected reaction to the story. I am including my paypal address...all donations will be given to Tyler and will be used to buy the Duster. I spoke to the current owner of the car and told him of our plan and he was touched and agreed to hold the car for him. Anything you could give would be greatly appriciated Thank you and god bless.

paypal: johnehnat@hotmail.com

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=204005

I read the story.( very moving). What kind of kid is he? Does he have a good head on is shoulders. I think alot of people will contribute, but we want to know if he's going to take car of the car? Does he have a place to store it? Very nice thing you are doing. You are a true standup person. I hope I didn't step out of my bonderie by posting this. Thanks, mike

I read the story.( very moving). What kind of kid is he? Does he have a good head on is shoulders. I think alot of people will contribute, but we want to know if he's going to take car of the car? Does he have a place to store it? Very nice thing you are doing. You are a true standup person. I hope I didn't step out of my bonderie by posting this. Thanks, mike

No, it is a clone car. Rob built his cars to suit his taste. It is an automatic, it has a 340 with NOS.

I have thought about this also and it is a valid point. Is the car something he can handle with the NOS?

This is a nice idea, but i think there needs to be a exit strategy just incase the funds needed aren't reached or the current owner changes his mind.

You have not over stepped your boundery at all, I am happy to answer this question. My wife and I were not blessed with any children, but if we were, I wish they were like Tyler. He is a not so typical 17 year old boy. He is quite and shy (I think from growing up with no real father figure). He is going into his senior year of high school and is taking automotive courses. As for where he will be keeping the car, He has a carport that enclosed on three sides...and is where the car was kept when his dad owned it. Also, he was talking about doing some restoration work on it, and I would be helping him with that.

This is a nice idea, but i think there needs to be a exit strategy just incase the funds needed aren't reached or the current owner changes his mind.

I was thinking the same thing. I will keep all donated money in my paypal account, with a list of who donated how much. If for some reason the goal is too far out of reach, or the owner changes his mind, all money will be returned...does that sound agreeable to everyone ?

I was thinking the same thing. I will keep all donated money in my paypal account, with a list of who donated how much. If for some reason the goal is too far out of reach, or the owner changes his mind, all money will be returned...does that sound agreeable to everyone ?

John, i wasn't trying to throw cold water on this. We all know how dealing with sellers can go haywire. I think trying to return the money would be a major hassle for you. I was thinking more along the lines of getting another Mopar or possibly going towards some college tuition if this deal doesn't work out.

Thanks for understanding. He sounds like a good kid and a motorhead. I will send some money tomorrow. It's a win-win situation. Another kid keeping the hobby alive or your money back.

John, i wasn't trying to throw cold water on this. We all know how dealing with sellers can go haywire. I think trying to return the money would be a major hassle for you. I was thinking more along the lines of getting another Mopar or possible going towards some college tuition if this deal doesn't work out.

Another car really isn't an option, the whole reason is to get his dad's car. Tuition is a good idea...as long as it's good with everyone else.

Another car really isn't an option, the whole reason is to get his dad's car. Tuition is a good idea...as long as it's good with everyone else.

How about seeing if the seller would enter a binding contract with a contingency clause of us raising the money for the sale of the car.

How about seeing if the seller would enter a binding contract with a contingency clause of us raising the money for the sale of the car.

at $10 a person that could be a little bit, if the seller isn't eager to sell it may just happen

but if he needs the money that car is as good as sold especially if its a factory 340 car

I would be willing to put up $10 but...

I'm unemployed and I have $20 to my name. :sad7:

When ever I find a job, I'll pitch in if you guys still are in the process of fundraising.

I too am a young gun almost to the age of 19, and I know that he can handle the car if he's responsible.

Works for me.

I just sent you some money in My 1 day old grandsons name. I hope we reach the goal. I think it would be a good idea to keep everyone posted as to how much has been collected in case we need to step up a little more.

I just sent you some money in My 1 day old grandsons name. I hope we reach the goal. I think it would be a good idea to keep everyone posted as to how much has been collected in case we need to step up a little more.

Thank you and congratulations on the birth of your grandson. I will keep everyone posted of the total collected.

at $10 a person that could be a little bit, if the seller isn't eager to sell it may just happen

but if he needs the money that car is as good as sold especially if its a factory 340 car

See post 6. The car is a 340 clone with NOS on it. It wouldn't hurt to ask for a contract so the car would be available if the money is raised. Naturally there should be a time limit on the contract. I would just hate for the car to slip through Tyler's hands. Since Tyler is a minor we actually need his mother involved in this from the start. She may or may not want him to even have the car.

John also made this comment in the other thread so if he follows through and sells the Mustang to give the money on Tylers car it would help the kitty.

Thank you for the offer. I have a 1966 mustang hardtop that needs to be restored, and I think I am going to sell it and try to help tyler as much as I can.

I think it would be really cool for Tyler to have his dad's car.
When will Tyler turn 18?

I am going to talk to the owner and iron everything out. Tyler's mom (Cheryl) is on board with it. She sold the car years ago when Tyler was a baby, we said "wouldn't it be cool if he could have that car when he got older" but she didn't think to keep the car for all these years, or if he would even be interested it in when he got older. As for my Mustang, I have a guy interested in it for $900, so that would go to the kitty as well. He turns 18 during his senior year, how cool would it be for him to be able to drive it to school...like his dad did.

What about a fundraising auction? I know I saw one on here before. Members donate parts, money goes to the cause...

Let's get this done MEN---When this is all set up and ironed out I"M IN --get this out to every member and watch how fast this will go!!!!!!!!!! "Pay it forward guy's"someone get this at the top of the opening page of this site

This hits me hard. My son will be 3 in october and I could not imagine what it would be like for him to not have me in his life. I don't have a paypal account so if you PM me an address I will mail a check for $20

-
Back