Lets talk headliners

-

Steve Agrella

Reaction score
Everyone sells them, mine is shot and sagging bad.
I have the cardboard type in my 74 Duster, I would like to know your opinion on if there is a better brand than the others.
Which way to go covered or uncovered and if covered cloth or vinyl

There are plastic ones available now,foam/cloth covered. Was just looing into them for my dart.

If you can slap in the covered foam style, that is such a time saver over the old bow and tooth design, and your fingers will thank you too.

I used a plastic type of cardboard on my 67 R/T instead of the bow type. I covered it with the standard foam backed material. It was $10.00 for a 4x8 sheet and the material was about $30.00. First I put that silver backed insulation glued to the roof with the 3m yellow weather strip adhesive. (Probably the most expensive part). I used spray adhesive for the material onto the board. It definitely drops the inside temps 20* in the heat of summer here in Texas. I used a drop down dome light from my pathfinder too. The only issue I had was the material wasn’t wide enough to do the sail panels and top as one piece. So I’m looking for ideas to cover the joint.

E01D0F15-2D33-4193-ABE6-847674A00A85.png

A5CC6C3E-3B22-4841-AD63-1E595FBADE0A.png

Everyone sells them, mine is shot and sagging bad.
I have the cardboard type in my 74 Duster, I would like to know your opinion on if there is a better brand than the others.
Which way to go covered or uncovered and if covered cloth or vinyl
Build your own! Probably 40 bucks or less...

-
Back